Meet Cooper Crouse
Director, Deloitte CRG
With more than 20 years of experience in line management, operations, sales and marketing in complex situations, Cooper Crouse provides strong, flexible leadership in a wide range of industries.
Mr. Crouse’s broad skills include operational leadership, financial analysis, operational assessment, performance improvement, profitability improvement, working capital reduction and business development.
Mr. Crouse worked as a key member of the management and professional advisory team that developed and executed the successful restructuring of a $400 million retailer of fabrics and home décor products during a Chapter 11 proceeding. As the first retailer to successfully emerge from bankruptcy under the new law, Mr. Crouse provided the strategic operational and financial leadership that generated the sufficient liquidity to enable creditors to receive a full recovery on their claims, plus interest.
Mr. Crouse has led the development of new products and services to achieve top-line results and has driven operational improvements to increase profitability and cash flow. In addition, he has led operational assessments to develop new supply-chain strategies and identify high-impact operational improvements
As the chief restructuring officer (CRO) at a national composite plastics producer, Mr. Crouse led the organization through a Chapter 11 filing, negotiated financing with customers in absence of DIP financing and managed the sale of two of its companies. These 363 sales generated a 95% recovery for secured lenders and provided unsecured creditors with a substantial settlement.
Previously, Mr. Crouse was with a privately held performance improvement consulting firm.
A few notable engagements include:
- Led the cost reduction initiative for a $4 billion health care products company, which yielded a significant return on investment
- Improved profits and reduced working capital for a $300 million capital goods manufacturer, generating a net $10 million bottom-line impact
- Improved collections, fill rate performance and working capital efficiency for a $400 million supplier of avionics equipment, reducing working capital requirements by more than $40 million and generating a bottom-line impact of $6 million
- Health Care
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Professional Services
- Recreation Equipment
Mr. Crouse served in the U.S. Navy as a ballistic missile submarine officer.
- B.S., U.S. Naval Academy
- M.B.A., Indiana University
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP [and its subsidiaries]. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.