The lure of private companies
According to research conducted by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, frauds at private companies on average last longer, cost more and are more likely to be detected by accident than at public companies.
Technology often plays a key role in fraud cases today. There are several red flags that may indicate susceptibility to technology fraud, which include:
- Low organizational technology “IQ”
- Low level or nonexistent technology controls
- Financial executives’ lack of understanding technology expenditures
- Lack of a clearly defined IT vendor bidding process
- Untimely or evasive responses from IT personnel regarding expenditures
- Incomplete integration of the IT group into the organization
Learn more by reading Technology Fraud: The Lure of Private Companies available for download above.
Subscribe to receive periodic publications from the Deloitte Forensic Center.