2011 Deloitte Energy Conference – Presentations
Entering a New Era: Energy, Environment and Prosperity
Washington, D.C. – May 19-20, 2011
Dedicated to providing the energy industry marketplace with insights on emerging topics, Deloitte brings together energy executives, investors and regulators from around the globe for an in-depth analysis of key developments and challenges facing today's global and domestic energy markets at its annual Energy Conference. Speakers come from a cross-section of the world's energy industry, and the conference topics are of keen interest to executives, boards of directors, investors and regulators from energy and other industries significantly affected by energy developments and policy.
Thursday, May 19, 2011 | 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Day One: Plenary sessions focus on macro industry issues.
Topics and speakers include:
Entering a New Era
- Remarks by Dr. Joseph A. Stanislaw, Independent Senior Advisor, Energy & Sustainability, Deloitte LLP
- Dr. Christoph Frei, Secretary General, World Energy Council
- Nuno Alves, CFO of EDP - Energias de Portugal
The Evolving Gas Markets
- Marc S. Lipschultz, Global Head of Energy and Infrastructure, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
- Dr. Rainer Seele, Chairman of the Board of Executive Directors, Wintershall Holding GmbH
Changing Landscape of Energy Management
- Clay G. Nesler, Vice President, Global Energy and Sustainability, Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Robbie Diamond, President and CEO, Securing America’s Future Energy
- Mary C. Doswell, Senior Vice President - Alternative Energy Solutions, Dominion Resources Services, Inc.
- Tracy L. Woodard, Director of Government Affairs, Nissan North America, Inc.
U.S. Energy Policy
- The Honorable Joseph T. Kelliher, Executive Vice President – Federal Regulatory Affairs, NextEra Energy, Inc., and former Chairman, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- The Honorable Suedeen G. Kelly, Partner, Patton Boggs, and former Commissioner, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- James E. Rogers, Chairman, CEO and President, Duke Energy Corporation
- Tomás Días de la Rubia, Deputy Director for Science and Technology, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, U.S. Department of Energy
- Sheeraz Haji, CEO, Cleantech Group LLC
- Rod Nelson, Vice President, Communications, and Vice President, Innovation and Collaboration, Schlumberger, Ltd.
- The Honorable Ray Mabus, Secretary of the U.S. Navy
Friday, May 20, 2011 | 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Day Two: Elective sessions bring together specialists from across disciplines to share knowledge and perspectives about the latest energy industry trends
North American Natural Gas
- Kenneth B. Medlock III, Ph.D., James A. Baker III and Susan G. Baker Fellow in Energy and Resource Economics, and Deputy Director, Energy Forum, James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy, Rice University
- Peter J. Robertson, Independent Senior Advisor, Oil & Gas, Deloitte LLP
Elective Session 1 – Industry Sector Breakouts
Oil & Gas
- Hugh D. Babowal, Managing Director and Head of Energy and Power Mergers and Acquisitions, Wells Fargo Securities, LLC
- John E. Shelk, President and CEO, Electric Power Supply Association
- Christine Tezak, Director, Senior Energy and Environmental Policy Analyst, Robert W. Baird & Co.
- Peter C. Honebein, Ph.D., Principal, Customer Performance Group
Elective Session 2 - Topical Breakouts
Energy Accounting, Financial Reporting and SEC Update
- Angela Beehler, Senior Director of Energy Regulation, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Bruce J. Stewart, Chief Marketing Officer and Managing Director, Retail Energy Business, Constellation Energy
- Thomas H. Webster, III, Director of Strategic Sourcing, Energy - Supply Management, Hilton Worldwide
- Myron Caldwell, Senior Vice President Planning and Analysis, Duke Energy Corporation
- Commander Marc R. Delao, Commanding Officer, Officer-in-Charge of Construction Marine Corps Installations East, U.S. Navy
- Douglas Schultz, Program Manager, Loan Programs Office, U.S. Department of Energy
Elective Session 3 – Topical Breakouts
Cyber Security and Energy
- Lt. General Harry D. Raduege (USAF, Ret.), Chairman, The Deloitte Center for Cyber Innovation, Deloitte Services LP
- Mark Weatherford, Vice President and Chief Security Officer, North American Electric Reliability Council
- Jay S. Buth, Vice President-Accounting and Controller, Northeast Utilities
- Jeffrey J. Fulgham, Chief Sustainability Officer and ecomagination Leader, GE Power & Water
- Tamin Pechet, CEO, Banyan Water
Lunch – The Energy Landscape of the Future
- The Honorable Spencer Abraham, Chairman and CEO, The Abraham Group, LLC, former U.S. Secretary of Energy
For additional information, read the 2011 Deloitte Energy Conference program/invitation attached below.
To learn more, read the 2009 and 2010 Deloitte Energy Conference Summary Reports, attached below.
Question? Please contact: EnergyConference@deloitte.com
About the Deloitte Center for Energy Solutions
The Deloitte Center for Energy Solutions (Center) provides a forum for innovation, thought leadership, groundbreaking research and industry collaboration to help companies solve the most complex energy challenges.
Through the Center, Deloitte’s Energy & Resources Group leads the debate on critical topics on the minds of executives—from the impact of legislative and regulatory policy, to operational efficiency, to sustainable and profitable growth. We provide comprehensive solutions through a global network of specialists and thought leaders.
With locations in Houston and Washington, D.C., the Center offers interaction through seminars, roundtables and other forms of engagement, where established and growing companies can come together to learn, discuss and debate. For more information, see www.deloitte.com/energysolutions.
As used in this document, ‘Deloitte’ means Deloitte LLP (and its subsidiaries). Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.