Understanding Enterprise Value in a Transition
A guide for private companies
For private companies, everyday management decisions can impact the value of the enterprise. Whether a transition is being contemplated for the near future or years ahead, it is important to keep in sharp focus the company’s ultimate goals in daily decisions. Creating or growing enterprise value begins with the end in mind: given transition goals, should value be considered from the perspective of current owners, potential buyers, the next generation or a private equity partner? Aligning critical decisions now can help you prepare for and ease the transition when the time comes.
The attached report discusses:
- How to clarify your transition goals
- Preparation considerations
- Defining value – from the owner’s and buyer’s perspectives
- Market changes and their effect on value
- Strategies to making a transition successful
Download the full report below.