Mass Career Customization
Sweeping changes in demographics, attitudes, and family structures have been redefining the Australian workforce for more than two decades — yet the workplace has remained much the same.
Mass Career Customization™* – an initiative sweeping the US – is now critical to building the 21st century Australian workforce. Given the unprecedented skills shortages in Australia, traditional approaches to securing talent are not longer producing outcomes to the scale or speed that is now vital to the sustainability of leading Australian organisations.
From changing family structures to women now being the majority of the entry level workforce to ageing baby boomers to the arrival of Generations X and Y, never before has the collective characteristics of the employee changed so much in so little time. Yet, the expectations of the traditional workplace and the one-size-fits-all corporate ladder model of career progression have not. The result? A structural misalignment between the workplace and workforce. Mass career customization (MCC) ™* provides an approach that enables a more adaptive, corporate lattice ™ model and responds to today’s realities on how work gets done and careers are built.
Related Deloitte US Content
- Podcast: Getting Personal - Customizing Career Paths to Grow Critical Talent
- Article: About Mass Career Customization™*
- Article: Building a Corporate Lattice Organization
- Interactive: What's Your Sine? Participate in the interactive exercise on the MCC website
* MCC is a patent pending process owned by Deloitte Development LLC