Health and Human Services: Labor and Employment
For more than 30 years, our Labor and Employment practice has served unemployment, workforce, disability, and workers’ compensation agencies throughout the United States. In addition to successfully implementing large-scale information technology systems, we have substantial experience assisting agencies with strategic visioning, organizational restructuring, and improving business processes. We help Labor agencies provide services more effectively through state Unemployment Insurance (UI) programs, the Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) program, the Workforce Investment Act (WIA), and the Wagner-Peyser Act. We understand the roles these programs play in helping citizens regain economic self-sufficiency. Further, we provide services to workers’ compensation programs to improve their adjudication, case management, and payment and accounting processes.
- System Planning and Implementation
Assists you in identifying, planning, and executing a roadmap for modernizing your legacy systems. This drives value to your customers, increases productivity, and reduces costs. Whether you are incrementally renewing a legacy system, or replacing it in a larger initiative, our team can help.
- Business Process Re-engineering
Assists you in developing efficient cross-program business processes based on industry leading practices. We help drive value and productivity by optimizing the core business processes and developing more efficient service delivery models.
- Program Evaluation and Analysis
Assists you in analyzing the overall performance of your labor and employment services, including program performance, federal measures compliance, policy effectiveness, program quality/error rates, and customer service delivery.
- Service Delivery Model Assessment
Assists you in assessing and identifying opportunities to integrate service across labor and employment programs, service delivery channels, and supporting Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based technologies that foster better customer service and operational cost effectiveness.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention
Assists you by providing tools and technology including state-of-the-art data mining, electronic discovery, and audit to prevent and detect fraud in labor and employment programs. Our practitioners have helped federal and state agencies and private enterprise in developing approaches to detect and prevent fraud.
- Organization and Change Management Services
Assists you in identifying, planning and executing strategies for implementing business and technology changes in your organization to improve adoption, drive productivity and reduce the risks of change.
uFACTS – Unemployment Framework for Automated Claim & Tax Services
The Unemployment Framework for Automated Claim & Tax Services (uFACTS), our proven Unemployment Insurance solution, is a service-oriented architecture (SOA) based framework built on 20 years of successful UI implementations. It embodies industry-leading practices, reusable services, and application components for UI Tax and Benefits and Reemployment services to jump start your modernization efforts. uFACTS provides road-tested methodologies, tools, and documentation to facilitate the use of integrated UI services which reduce costs, improve operations, and increase customer service.
- Our uFACTS framework provides the following features and functions:
- Claims Services – Initial and Additional Claims Filing, Wage Determinations, Claim Maintenance, Special Claims and Payments, Customer Information Requests, Audit, Federal Reporting, Workforce Integration and Reemployment Services, Claims Summary
- Appeals – File and Schedule Appeal, Maintain Appeal, Process Appeal Decision
- Benefit Payment Control – Payments, Overpayment and Repayment Management, Intercept Management, Payment Adjustments, Program Integrity
- Adjudication – Non-Monetary Issue Creation, Fact Finding, Issue Management, Adjudicate/Determine Issues, Generate Determination Notic
- Reporting Services – Fiscal Reporting, Management and Administrative Reports, Statistical Reports, Ad Hoc Reports and Inquirie
- Administrative Services – Industry-Approved Accounting Infrastructure, Template-Driven Correspondence, Business Rules Administration, Sub-Code System Management, Administrative Services Summary
- Common Services – Interstate Connection Network (ICON), Security, Case Management (Workflow), Document Management, Communication Channel, Interfaces, Help Features, Common Services Summary
uFACTS Video Series
uFACTS is designed to make the most of UI program staff resources through an innovative customer self-service model. uFACTS self-service business processes allow claimants, employers, third-party administrators, and training providers to conduct most of their UI business without UI program staff intervention.
Click here to see how uFACTS can help with Benefits Timeliness, the implementation of ARRA-related functionality, and the integration between Benefits and Tax functions.
CWDS – Comprehensive Workforce Development System
The Comprehensive Workforce Development System (CWDS), our proven Workforce Development solution, is one of the largest in the country. We have integrated the functionality in CWDS with our uFACTS solution to maximize unemployment and reemployment services to jobless workers
- Our Workforce Development & Reemployment solution provides the following features and functions:
- Administration – Local Office Foot Traffic, Events Management, Alerts, Correspondence, PREP and New Directions Referrals (UC-Interface), User Management
- Employer – Employer Online Registration, Job Posting, Participant Matching (AutoCoder), Job Referrals/Resume Review, Incumbent Worker Data Management, Report New Hires, Worker Opportunity Tax Credit Management, Worker Adjustment Retraining Notification Management
- Finance Funds Management – Authorization of Service Expenditures, Payment and Refund Management, Service Authorization Tracking, SSA Reimbursement, Cost Allocation Reimbursement System, WIA Financial Management, Trade Financial Management
- Participant Functions – Participant Online Registration, Participant Base Record/Demographic Information, Participant Detailed Profile/Job Preference/Job Match (AutoCoder), Create/Upload Resume, and References, Job Search/Job Application, Program Referral/Program Management, Eligibility Determination, Case Management, Service Management, Service Outcomes
- Provider – Provider Online Registration, Service Application Process, Manage Purchase Orders and Invoices, Manage Participant Forms: Placement, Attendance, Progress, and Job Coaching
- Reports (BOE) – Scheduled Reports, On-Demand Reports, Ad-Hoc Reporting, In Application Reports
WCAIS – Workers’ Compensation Automation and Integration System
The WCAIS system integrates functionality for Workers’ Compensation bureaus, adjudication, and appeals. It provides access to staff and self-service for the Workers’ Compensation community.
- Our Workers’ Compensation solution provides the following features and functions:
- Claims – Claims Filing and Modification, Payments and Reimbursements Processing, Online Documentation Uploads, Compliance Reporting, Process Fund Management, Interested Party Management
- Self-Insurance – Self-insurance Applications, Reconsideration and Renewal Forms, Self-Insurance Termination, Security Documents, Group Rate Filing, Group Self-Insurer Member Management, Group Insurer Applications, Reporting, Security Reconsiderations
- Assessments – Insurance Department Data, Assessment Audits, Department of Revenue Transactions
- Uninsured Employer Guarantee Fund (UEGF)- UEGF Notice and UEGF Petition
- Compliance Investigations – Insurance Coverage, Investigations, Exception Requests, Fee Reviews, Minor Employee Injuries
- Healthcare Services – Medical Fee Application Review, Examination Requests, Utilization Review Organization/Peer Review Organization Requests
- Appeals – Petitions, Judge Assignments, Schedule Hearings, Mediations, Subpoenas, Quash, Appeal Documentation, Decisions, Judge Preferences, Scheduling Court Reporters, Vendor Invoices, Appeal Filing, Appeal Closing, Court Information Updates
Labor and Employment Leaders
Labor and Employment Practice Leader
Principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Unemployment Insurance Leader
Director, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Workers' Compensation Leader
Workforce Development & Reemployment Leader
Director, Deloitte Consulting LLP
As used in this document, ‘Deloitte’ means Deloitte LLP (and its subsidiaries). Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.