Technology Fast 500™: 2014 Eligibility Requirements
Technology Fast 500 provides a ranking of the fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and clean technology companies in North America. This ranking is compiled from applications submitted directly to the Technology Fast 500 website, and public company database research conducted by Deloitte Services LP.
Technology Fast 500 award winners for 2014 are determined based on percentage fiscal year revenue growth from 2009 to 2013. Percentage revenue growth is computed as:
[(FY'2013 revenue – FY'2009 revenue) / FY'2009 revenue ] x 100
The Fast 500 ranking discloses percentage revenue growth. Revenue is not disclosed, however, participants are required to provide revenue support to Deloitte.
Private companies must apply as well as public companies traded via over–the-counter exchanges by completing the private company application form.
Public companies listed on the NYSE, NASDAQ or AMEX stock exchanges are encouraged to complete the public company application form, or check with the National Fast 500 team, via E-mail Fast500@deloitte.com, to confirm their inclusion in the research/application process.
In order to be eligible for Technology Fast 500 recognition, companies must:
- Be in business for a minimum of five years (on or prior to December 31, 2008).
- Be headquartered within North America. Subsidiaries or divisions are not eligible unless they have some public ownership and are separately traded. Companies that are acquired prior to the finalization of the list are not eligible to participate.
- Base-year (fiscal year 2009) operating revenues of at least $50,000 USD or CD, and current-year (fiscal year 2013) operating revenues of at least $5 million USD or CD with a growth rate of 100% or greater.
- Own proprietary intellectual property or proprietary technology and it must be sold to customers in products that contribute to a majority of the company's operating revenues. A majority (greater than 50%) of the company’s operating revenues must be derived from product sales that incorporate the company’s proprietary technology, exclusive of related service revenue. Using other companies' proprietary technology or intellectual property in a unique way does not satisfy this requirement. Consulting companies, professional service firms, resellers, and others are not eligible.
Information regarding required supporting documentation for revenue amounts and proprietary technology can be found here:
Fast 500 Connections
- Contact us via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for our Fast 500 E-mails to receive our announcements and latest information
As used in this document, ‘Deloitte’ means Deloitte LLP (and its subsidiaries). Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.