About Technology Practice
In the world of technology, reacting to change means you’re behind the competition. You have to create change to be in the lead. The companies that drive change are the ones that are in command of every aspect of their business ― from high-profile innovation to the fundamentals of operations. Many companies are good at one or two of these areas, but not all of them. That’s where we can help. Our technology specialists, a key part of our Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) practice, team with industry leaders and work to make dramatic change their ally in success.
We see major themes changing the technology sector. Cloud computing, mobility, data analytics and social media are creating new markets and revenue opportunities. Small and mid-sized businesses and vertical markets have tremendous growth potential. Emerging regions are attractive markets, as well as attractive manufacturing and R&D centers. And there are a few, large IT vendors who are emerging as integrated solution providers.
Deloitte’s technology specialists can help businesses grab hold of these new opportunities. Some of the services we offer and address those themes include assisting technology companies in:
- Assessing the business, technology, security and privacy, legal, internal audit and tax implications as they become cloud provider or user
- Identifying opportunities to create new business models leveraging mobility and broadening mobility portfolios through strategic acquisitions and partnerships
- Addressing mobile-device and application-related security and privacy concerns and regulatory compliance requirements
- Evaluating the benefits and risks of deploying social media tools to improve internal collaboration and customer reach while driving business performance
- Deploying business analytics methodologies, tools and technology to improve sales, marketing and operating efficiencies
- Implementing enterprise-wide regulatory compliance and international tax activities across multiple geographies
- Developing effective product and channel strategies to penetrate the SMB market
- Identifying portfolio gaps and evaluating strategic M&A and partnership opportunities. Seamlessly integrating all parts of the business while driving synergies.
Deloitte is a leading presence in the technology arena. Our clients represent all sectors of the technology value chain, from computer hardware and software vendors to networking equipment, semiconductor, and IT services organizations.
- Nine of the top ten computer hardware companies in the U.S.
- All of the top six networking companies in the U.S.
- All of the top ten software companies in the U.S.
- Eight of the top nine semiconductor companies in the U.S.
- Four of the top five IT services companies in the U.S.
With many of our practitioners coming from the industry directly, we’ve got an insider’s view that adds to our unique position to help clients wrestle with critical business issues.
Additionally, our technology professionals stay abreast of issues of concern to the industry through involvement in trade organizations, as well as organizations that regulate the industry. These organizations include Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI), Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA), Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), TechAmerica, SD Forum, and various other technology industry associations. Our industry specialists participate with these groups, often serving as chairpersons, panel moderators, speakers, and task force members.
For more information or to speak with one of our technology specialists, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.