Energy’s Next Frontiers
How technology is radically reshaping supply, demand, and the energy of geopolitics
Cutting-edge technology—hardware and software—is unlocking geological potential in places and ways hardly imaginable just a few years ago. Technology also is empowering companies and individuals to understand and manage their energy consumption. The economic, environmental, and geopolitical consequences of this technological transformation are breathtaking.
Energy companies now rank among the most important—and sophisticated—technology companies in the world. Information technology companies are pioneers on every front of the energy revolution, including by:
- Driving innovations in exploration
- Cutting energy consumption in buildings through software-driven construction and energy management
- Allowing utilities to more smartly source and manage their energy output
- Empowering individuals to understand how to reduce their energy use
- Enabling the design and testing of energy systems, from solar arrays and wind turbines to nuclear plants
Technology is making greater energy resources available to a greater number of actors than ever before. This holds the promise of generating much greater energy security for countries, companies, and individuals.
Download the POV to learn more.