2013 Deloitte Energy Conference – Summary Report, Presentations and Other Materials
Innovation: Changing the future of energy
On May 21-22, 2013, the Deloitte Center for Energy Solutions hosted more than 400 attendees at the 2013 Deloitte Energy Conference in Washington, D.C., for an in-depth view of how innovative thinking is making a difference in addressing the challenges and opportunities in today’s global and domestic energy markets. Industry executives, investors, and regulators participated in thought-provoking interactions to address "Innovation: Changing the Future of Energy."
Available now – The 2013 conference summary report in the download section above.
Presentations available for review are linked to session titles in blue font.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 I 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Day One: Plenary sessions focus on macro industry issues.
Driving a Culture of Innovation
- John McCue, Vice Chairman, U.S. Energy & Resources Leader, Deloitte LLP
- Punit Renjen, Chairman of the Board, Deloitte LLP
Global Energy Landscape – The New Energy Future
- Peggy Montana, Executive Vice President, Supply and Distribution, Shell Downstream, Inc.
- Marie-José Nadeau, Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Secretary General, Hydro-Québec, Chair-elect, World Energy Council
Domestic Energy Landscape – Innovations in Energy Part 1
- Dilek Samil, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, NV Energy
Energy as an Enabler – The Renaissance in Domestic Manufacturing
- Kevin M. Kolevar, Vice President of Government Affairs and Public Policy, The Dow Chemical Company
- James M. Phillips, Chairman and CEO, NanoMech
- The Honorable Deborah L. Wince-Smith, President and CEO, Council on Competitiveness
- Rod Nelson, Vice President, Government and Community Relations, Schlumberger
- Peter J. Robertson, Independent Senior Advisor, Oil & Gas, Deloitte LLP
- Thomas W. Hicks, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Navy (Energy), U.S. Department of the Navy
- Roderick Morris, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Operations, Opower
- Dr. Michael Weintraub, Executive Director of Technology, Verizon Digital Media
On the Horizon – Next Generation Energy Technologies
- Dr. Anthony V. Cugini, Director, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Department of Energy
- Dr. Thom Mason, Director, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, U.S. Department of Energy
- Dr. Charles F. McMillan, Director, Los Alamos National Laboratory, U.S. Department of Energy
Innovation in the U.S. Generation Portfolio
- Sonny Garg, Senior Vice President, Chief Information and Innovation Officer, Exelon Corporation
- Dr. Cheryl Martin, Deputy Director, Advanced Research Projects Agency – Energy
- Adam Sieminski, Administrator, U.S. Energy Information Administration
- Dr. Joseph A. Stanislaw, Independent Senior Advisor, Energy & Sustainability, Deloitte LLP
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 I 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Day Two: Elective sessions bring together specialists from across disciplines to share knowledge and perspectives about the latest energy industry trends
The Evolving R&D Model and its Impact on the Energy Industry
- Dr. Jeffrey Wadsworth, President and CEO, Battelle
Meeting Future Energy Demands
- Nicholas K. Akins, President and CEO, American Electric Power
Elective Session 1 - Industry Sector Breakouts
- A – Oil & Gas
- Chaired by Peter J. Robertson, Independent Senior Advisor, Oil & Gas, Deloitte LLP
- Tom Choi, Natural Gas Leader, Deloitte MarketPoint LLC
- David L. Goldwyn, President and Founder, Goldwyn Capital Strategies LLC
- B – Power
- Chaired by John McCue, Vice Chairman, U.S. Energy & Resources Leader, Deloitte LLP
- John E. Shelk, President and CEO, Electric Power Supply Association
- C – Regulated Utilities – Access to Capital
- Chaired by Bill Graf, Audit & Enterprise Risk Services Leader, Energy & Resources, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Pauline M. Ahern, Principal, AUS Consultants
- Ellen Lapson, Founder and Principal, Lapson Advisory
- The Honorable Branko Terzic, Executive Director, Deloitte Center for Energy Solutions and Regulatory Policy Leader, Energy & Resources, Deloitte LP
Elective Session 2 – Topical Breakouts
- A – Energy Accounting, Financial Reporting and SEC Updates
- James Barker, Partner, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Christine Davine, Partner, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Bill Graf, Audit & Enterprise Risk Services Leader, Energy & Resources, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Shilpi Jethani Chavda, Senior Manager, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- B – Energy Cyber Security – Protecting Critical Infrastructure in an Age of Increasing Threats
- Chaired by Steve Livingston, Principal, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Dr. Christopher Bronk, Fellow in Information Technology Policy, Baker Institute for Public Policy, Rice University
- Fred Hintermister, Critical Infrastructure Protection and Cybersecurity Specialist, North American Electric Reliability Corporation
- Frank Mong, Vice President and General Manager, Enterprise Security Products Hardware, Hewlett-Packard Company
- C – Power Insight – From Visibility to Asset Performance
- Chaired by David E. Steiger, Senior Manager, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- A. Christopher Burton, Vice President, Smart Grid & Technology, Baltimore Gas & Electric Company
- Rick Davis, Vice President, Sales and Business Development, Noesis Energy
- Mark Podorsky, Principal Manager, External Parties and Future Programs, Southern California Edison
- JR Reagan, Federal Solutions Group Leader,Deloitte & Touche LLP
Lunch - Energy Security and Innovation
- General James L. Jones (USMC, Ret.), Former U.S. National Security Advisor, Supreme Allied Commander of Europe and Marine Corps Commandant. Current Co-chair, Bipartisan Policy Center Energy Project
Save these dates!
September 18-20, 2013
Deloitte Alternative Energy Conference – Phoenix, AZ
For more information, please contact AlternativeEnergy@deloitte.com
November 19, 2013
Deloitte Oil & Gas Conference – Houston, TX
For more information, please contact OilandGasConference@deloitte.com
May 13 – 14, 2014
Deloitte Energy Conference – Washington, D.C.
For more information, please contact EnergyConference@deloitte.com
Download the Speaker Biographies booklet to learn more. Also available are the 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 Deloitte Energy Conference Summary reports.
Question? Please contact: EnergyConference@deloitte.com
As used in this document, ‘Deloitte’ means Deloitte LLP (and its subsidiaries). Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.