2011 Deloitte Energy Conference Summary Report
Entering a New Era: Energy, Environment and Prosperity
The 2011 Deloitte Energy Conference addressed the theme of Entering a New Era: Energy, Environment and Prosperity. Speakers at this year’s conference represented an international cross-section of the world’s energy industry.
The report summarizes both days of the conference, highlighting macro industry issues including:
- Global energy perspectives
- The evolving gas markets
- Electric vehicle infrastructure
- U.S. energy policy
- Emerging technologies
- Leadership in energy management
Featured guest speakers and panelists at the Conference included:
- The Honorable Spencer Abraham, Chairman and CEO, The Abraham Group, LLC and former U.S. Secretary of Energy
- Nuno Alves, CFO, Energias de Portugal (EDP)
- Robbie Diamond, President and CEO, Securing America’s Future Energy
- Tomás Díaz de la Rubia, Deputy Director for Science and Technology, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, U.S. Department of Energy
- Mary C. Doswell, Senior Vice President — Alternative Energy Solutions, Dominion Resources Services, Inc.
- Dr. Christoph Frei, Secretary General, World Energy Council
- Sheeraz Haji, CEO, Cleantech Group LLC
- The Honorable Joseph T. Kelliher, Executive Vice President, Federal Regulatory Affairs, NextEra Energy, Inc.
- The Honorable Suedeen G. Kelly, Partner, Patton Boggs
- Marc S. Lipschultz, Global Head of Energy and Infrastructure, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
- The Honorable Ray Mabus, Secretary of the U.S. Navy
- Kenneth B. Medlock III, Ph.D., James A. Baker III and Susan G. Baker Fellow in Energy and Resource Economics, and Deputy Director, Energy Forum, James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy, Rice University
- Rod Nelson, Vice President, Communications, and Vice President, Innovation and Collaboration, Schlumberger, Ltd.
- Dale M. Nesbitt, Ph.D., MarketPoint Founder, Deloitte MarketPoint LLC
- Clay G. Nesler, Vice President, Global Energy and Sustainability, Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Peter J. Robertson, Independent Senior Advisor, Oil & Gas, Deloitte LLP
- James E. Rogers, Chairman, CEO and President, Duke Energy Corporation
- Dr. Rainer Seele, Chairman of the Board of Executive Directors, Wintershall Holding GmbH
- Dr. Joseph A. Stanislaw, Independent Senior Advisor, Energy & Sustainability, Deloitte LLP
- Tracy L. Woodard, Director, Government Affairs, Nissan North America, Inc.
Download the 2011 Deloitte Energy Conference Summary Report to learn more.
Questions? Contact: EnergyConference@deloitte.com
As used in this document, ‘Deloitte’ means Deloitte LLP (and its subsidiaries). Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.