Power & Utilities Accounting, Financial Reporting and Tax Update – January 2013 Edition
Prepared by Power & Utilities specialists from Deloitte & Touche LLP, Deloitte Tax LLP and Deloitte Consulting LLP, this annual publication is intended to help companies comply with their 2012 and early 2013 financial, regulatory, and compliance reporting requirements.
This year’s update outlines SEC, FASB, IFRS, and tax updates and focuses on specialized industry accounting matters frequently seen by rate-regulated entities. To help you understand and address potential challenges related to the accounting and reporting of revenue, leases, financial instruments and a host of other topics as a result of several proposed standards issued by the FASB, we have included a section about the Board’s proposals and have highlighted nuances that could impact our industry.
The report includes:
- Section 1 – Industry Developments
- Section 2 – SEC Update
- Section 3 – International Financial Reporting Standards
- Section 4 – Industry Accounting Hot Topics
- Section 5 – Energy Contracts, Derivative Instruments, and Hedging Activities
- Section 6 – Fair Value Measurements
- Section 7 – Accounting Standards Codification Update
- Section 8 – FERC Update
- Section 9 – Income Tax Update
- Section 10 – Renewable Energy
To learn more, download the complete report.
As used in this document, ‘Deloitte’ means Deloitte LLP (and its subsidiaries). Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.