MarketBuilder enables energy companies to better utilize their proprietary expertise and knowledge to understand market fundamentals which should lead to more accurate and transparent forecasting of energy prices for more informed corporate decisions. It has easy-to-use interfaces and provides users with a fundamental supply-conversion, transportation-demand model of regionally disparate, interconnected markets that helps them:
- Anticipate price and basis
- Predict capacity additions and retirements
- Quantify profitability of various prospective investments
- Value existing assets already in place
- Understand new plant entry and exit
- Quantify un-hedgeable risk and uncertainty
MarketBuilder is based on objective data and representations of markets.
Meeting the broad requirements for understanding today’s energy market
- Comprehensive. Missing a key element can throw off results dramatically
- Integrated. The solution needs to match the interconnected relationship of the markets
- Flexible. Customers can apply their proprietary information and knowledge to the models
- Transparent. Being able to easily see the data and assumptions in a model allows users to be confident in and able to document their decision process
- Time-tested. MarketPoint has demonstrated an ability to get it right while continuing to evolve to a constantly changing global market
- Easy to use. Even the best modeling system is useless unless it is also easy to use
A singular solution with differentiating functionality
MarketBuilder is an economic analysis construction kit enabling users to accurately simulate supply and demand behavior by easily building economic models of complete supply chains for the global energy market. MarketBuilder uses sound economic methods to account for the spatial and technically diverse nature of the energy markets. This allows a thorough model of cross-asset characteristics like prices, basis differentials, flowing quantities and new capacity and reserve additions.
MarketBuilder differentiates itself by including critical dimensions often missed by market observations and other approaches because it:
- Works with thinly traded, illiquid markets, as well as more actively traded markets
- Works with non-traded markets or locations
- Works in the short-, medium- and long-term
- Enables companies to easily answer "What if?" questions
- Helps users quantify risk and uncertainty
- Provides an integrated and interconnected approach with an agent-based, fully functional, fully interconnected suite of models that span commodity types and geographic regions
A key feature of MarketBuilder is its easy to use interface. Fundamental economic models that span multiple commodities can be extremely complex. Because of this, MarketBuilder provides two interfaces targeted at different groups - a graphical interface for high-level users and programming interfaces for more technical groups. MarketBuilder is also extensible – though it comes as a complete, off-the-shelf solution, users can easily use the programming interface to incorporate their own models and data.
MarketBuilder provides what is required to model today's energy market behavior - an integrated and interconnected, agent-based suite of models that span the various fuels and regions of the world. It does this with technology that is easy to use, customize and visualize. It provides transparency which helps to easily document the assumptions and data that were used in making decisions. MarketBuilder also provides the option of off-the-shelf time-tested data and models or the flexibility to use your own data and models. Deloitte MarketPoint has energy market and price analysis specialists that can augment your company's expertise and scale to assist in the execution of ongoing global infrastructure projects.
When the ability to truly understand the fundamentals of commodity markets and accurate forecasting of commodity prices are critical to the decision making process, MarketBuilder, with its time-tested models and data, can help provide a competitive advantage.
As used in this document, ‘Deloitte’ means Deloitte LLP (and its subsidiaries). Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.