About the Digital Media Center
As New York has risen in prominence to become a leading global city for digital media and new technology start-ups, so too have risen myriad opportunities for companies throughout the digital ecosystem to network, attend presentations, and discuss topics of interest. This volume of events is a sign that New York is achieving its vision of becoming the next great digital capital. These events are signs of success.
But with so many functions each week has come a problem. We all have significant responsibilities – both professional and personal. Executives have limited time available to attend workshops and cocktail parties. Time being precious, each event we attend must provide outstanding return on our time in the form of new insights, business opportunities, and professional connections.
So we - Deloitte & Touche LLP, Silicon Valley Bank, NASDAQ, Cooley LLP, and CTPartners – have created a new forum. Dubbed the Digital Media Center, we are launching what we expect to become a premium networking and learning platform for both smaller emerging companies and larger, established members of the digital ecosystem.
Our vision is that the Digital Media Center will be a catalyst for sustainable growth of the media and technology sector within New York City. We will achieve this vision by:
- Creating a physical and virtual innovation hub for insight sharing and leading practices
- Hosting premier events around specific themes of high interest to emerging companies, their investors, and the large media and technology companies with which most emerging digital media companies partner and go-to-market
- Fostering an environment where companies of different sizes and stages can meet, collaborate, and share
- Limiting attendance and focusing events on exclusive content and insights
How does the ecosystem benefit?
- Start-ups and emerging companies invited to join DMC events will have access to unique, actionable content and insights generated from the shared experiences of our respective practices’ experience serving nearly all of the top tier media, technology and financial companies. Emerging companies benefit too through access to the co-sponsors extensive network of vetted industry players
- Investment banks, VCs, and other investors are better positioned as their portfolio companies benefit from DMC participation and the many “lessons learned” we possess
- NYC based Fortune 500 companies in industries such as media, technology, telecom, and retail gain access to innovative and high potential ventures in the digital media start-up community
We co-sponsors see the DMC as a strategic investment. To maximize, concentrate, and focus the impact of the co-sponsors’ aggregate experience, we will limit start-up participation to certain DMC events to a select group of ventures with a high propensity for growth. At other events, we’ll include a wider cross-section of the start-up community. But the focus will always remain on creating an opportunity for young companies to leverage our collective experience and networks.
Follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/nyc_dmc and join the discussion on Twitter using the hashtags #nycdmc or #digitalmediacenter
For more information about the Digital Media Center, please contact Kevin Buckley, Business Development Manager, Audit & Enterprise Risk Services