Meet Kevin Kenny
Kevin Kenny has over 25 years of experience as an actuary and consultant in the health care industry. He has experience with multiple perspectives on health care strategy and financial issues, through work for government agencies, employers, insurers, HMOs, Blue Cross and Blue Shield organizations and health care providers.
Kevin’s project experience includes product design and development, market and competitive pricing analysis, benchmarking health plan cost and utilization results, analysis of mergers and acquisitions, selection and implementation of technology solutions and preparation of pro forma financial projections.
Kevin has previously worked as a consultant for a leading health plan organization on the development of new pricing and systems to support experience rated business. Other experience includes:
- Development of provider fee schedules on behalf of both payers and providers
- Development and implementation of new payer reimbursement structures and rates for multiple
- Provider types, including inpatient, outpatient, professional and home health care
- Payer-provider contract review and negotiation support
- Discount analysis on behalf of large employers for purposes of health plan selection for employee medical benefits
- Customer financial reporting for large employee groups
- Development of actuarial pricing models based on net discounted provider payment levels
- Construction of a new data mart to support financial reporting for self-funded business
- Pricing and profitability analysis for ASO and insured product lines
Kevin received a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics from John Carroll University. He is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.