The Deloitte Survey of U.S. Health Care Consumers provides data-driven insights on consumers’ perceptions of the health care system and their thoughts on health care reform. After five years of surveying consumers in the U.S., six major conclusions may be drawn from the responses received:
- To U.S. consumers, health care is intensely personal.
- Consumers use the health system frequently.
- Affordability is increasingly a problem for consumers.
- Consumers are receptive to health system improvements that add value.
- Security and privacy issues around personal health information remain a concern.
- Most are uncertain about health care reform and are not sure how the Affordable Care Act will impact access, quality, or costs.