Deloitte and HealthLeaders Media Discuss Innovation Through Analytics
Analytics has come a long way since the first scorecards landed in health care enterprises. Today, intelligent use of analytics may be the difference between profit or loss, growth or lost market share as health care moves from fee-for-service to accountable care. Analytics helps health leaders decide how to rearrange their businesses, processes, and work flows, and sparks creative thinking about new opportunities or areas needing improvement. Part of the challenge is managing expectations in an era where big data is opening insights in all sorts of businesses, many of which can flow into health care. Savvy health care leaders have to evaluate the cost of implementing agile analytics systems and staff, weighing that cost carefully against real or projected benefits. Deloitte in collaboration with HealthLeaders Media convened a panel of health care Chief Information Officers to discuss how data analytics is driving health care business strategy today.
Watch highlights of the dialogue between panelists as they discuss data analytics and its impacts on the future of the health care industry.
- Maggie Ratliff, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Carondelet Health
- Bill Spooner, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Sharp HealthCare
- Alex Vaillancourt, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, The Christ Hospital Health Network
- Harry Greenspun, Senior Advisor, Healthcare Transformation and Technology, Deloitte
- Scott Mace (moderator), Senior Technology Editor, HealthLeaders Media
Download the complete transcript.