Deloitte and HealthLeaders Media Discuss Operational Excellence for Clinical Quality
Health care operations leaders today must drive operational efficiency and cost management to achieve necessary clinical outcomes. New models of care coordination and accountability require new operational strategies that integrate hospitals’ business functions and medical mission. As reimbursements shift to pay-for-performance, hospitals and health care systems increasingly must work with a broad range of partners toward population health management, extending beyond the walls of their institutions. Physician alignment with this changing dynamic is essential, but getting incentives right can be difficult. HealthLeaders Media convened a panel of health care COOs to discuss how they and their systems can meet these demands and stay viable.
Watch highlights of the dialogue between panelists as they discuss new operational strategies needed to meet the demands of the dynamic health care industry.
- Judy Brown, Executive Vice President and COO, East Jefferson General Hospital
- Michael Kotzen, Executive Vice President for Population Health Management Virtua
- Doug Luckett, Executive Vice President and COO, CaroMont Health
- Kae Robertson, Principal Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Edward Prewitt (moderator), Editorial Director, HealthLeaders Media
Download the complete transcript.