Meet JR Reagan
Principal, Deloitte & Touche LLP
JR Reagan, principal, Deloitte & Touche LLP, CISSP, CISM, CRISC is US Federal Chief Innovation Officer. He also leads the HIVE (Highly Immersive Visual Environment), a state-of-the-art demonstration and development center located with the Center for Federal Innovation in Arlington, Virginia. At this center, lightweight innovation and prototyping are used to “co-create” solutions with clients to help them envision the art of the possible. JR’s clients come from the commercial and government sectors in more than 20+ countries worldwide. He currently serves as a US Eminence Fellow and a member of the US Social Media Working Group.
JR serves as Senior Professional Faculty teaching Innovation & Creativity at Johns Hopkins University (Carey Business School) and is a Doctoral candidate in Organizational Leadership at Shenandoah University. He holds a Masters in Management Information Systems from Bowie State University; BA in Sociology from The University of the State of New York; and Graduate Certificate in Advanced International Affairs from Texas A&M (Bush School of Government and Public Service). He is also a graduate of Advanced Korean Language Studies Program at Yonsei University (Seoul, Korea); Vanderbilt Graduate School of Banking Technology & Operations; Harvard Law School Program on Negotiation for Senior Executives; and Harvard Business School New Market Growth Innovation. JR has guest lectured on Innovation and Analytics at Harvard, Northwestern and Notre Dame.
Organizations and affiliations
- Aspen Institute Society of Fellows
- American Association of University Professors (AAUP)
- North American Case Research Association (NACRA)
- Society for Case Research (SFCR)
- Information Systems Society (INFORMS) Teaching Community
- Professional Risk Managers' International Association (PRMIA)
- Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
- Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE)
- Intelligence and National Security Alliance (INSA)
- Information Security and Identity Management Sub-Committees, TechAmerica
- Information Technology Sector Coordinating Council (IT-SCC)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Life Member, Armed Forces Communication and Electronics Association (AFCEA)
- Life Member, Electronic Warfare & Information Operations Association (AOC)
- Life Member, National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA)
- Association for Intelligence Officers (AFIO)
- Federal Solutions
Latest media hits
Data as protection – How big data and security analytics tools could transform the security industry
PC Today Magazine | July 2013
JR Reagan, principal, Deloitte & Touche LLP, shares his perspective on the hurdles associated with implementing security analytics solutions and describes how visualization can open up new ways of looking at things.
Social media carries regulatory risks
CFO.com | October 9, 2012
In this article, Deloitte & Touche LLP principal JR Reagan confers that many businesses still aren’t aware of the risks of social media and reinforces the views he shared on the Technology Executives Dbriefs webcast, “Social business & regulatory compliance: What new challenges could you face?”.
Data visualization is key to ‘big data’ opportunity
Financial Times | September 24, 2012
This article, authored by JR Reagan, Deloitte & Touche LLP and Eric Openshaw, Deloitte LLP, discusses how and why data visualization is one of the major pillars influencing an organization’s decision making process.
GovConExec | September 19, 2012
JR Reagan, Deloitte & Touche LLP, shares his perspective on updates to FISMA and how the proposed amendment provides a comprehensive framework for protecting our nation from current and future cyber threats.
Cyber experts: Espionage, APTs, malware among most dangerous cyber threats
The New New Internet | June 29, 2012
In this article, Deloitte & Touche LLP principal JR Reagan offers insight into what he believes to be the most dangerous cyber threats from global players.
Innovation: The Federal Frontier
FederalNewsRadio.com | June 6, 2012
In this interview, Deloitte & Touche LLP principal JR Reagan discusses innovation and its role in the Federal government with Cesar Hidalgo, MIT Media Lab.