Meet Greg Pellegrino
Financial Advisory Global Industry Leader, DTTL
Greg Pellegrino leads the Federal Government Services practice for Deloitte Financial Advisory Services (FAS) LLP in the United States and is the Public Sector industry leader for FAS globally. Greg leads FAS industry focus in helping government leaders address critical issues impacting performance and accountability. Greg is recognized for combining vision and creative insight to help government leaders achieve their most ambitious goals. Greg is currently focused on combining Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited's (DTTL) deep understanding of financial and technology networks to help member firm clients exploit the role of finance in detecting and preventing fraud, cybercrime, and terrorism.
Greg has more than 26 years of experience in serving both public and private sector clients and delivering award-winning programs—ranging from the reengineering of the U.S. organ transplantation system to the replacement of the civil aviation security systems for the U.S. Transportation Security Administration following 9/11. Greg has also played a unique role in strengthening the relationship between government and the private sector, serving as the Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Homeland Security and Defense Business Council based in Washington, D.C. from 2004 to 2009. For these efforts, Greg was recognized as one of the top 10 market channel leaders by Washington Technology Magazine.
Greg currently serves as an advisor to the U.S. National Law Enforcement Officers Museum based in Washington, D.C.
Publications, testimony, and media
Greg is an author and key contributor to DTTL's timely points of view on global market issues, urging governments to implement new strategies for improving performance, accountability, and competitiveness. Recent highlights include:
- A lasting legacy: How major sporting events can drive positive change for host communities and economies
This report looks at the benefi ts and challenges of hosting a major event and provides proven insights to ensure a successful event that leaves a positive legacy for the host community.
- Cybersecurity: Everybody's imperative. Protecting our economies, governments, and citizens
Urges government leaders to address cybersecurity to mitigate disruption to government operations and facilitate sustainable economic growth.
- Serving the aging citizen
Addresses how governments can overcome persistent challenges posed by a rapidly aging population.
- Paths to power Advancing women in government
This report illuminates the 21st century knowledge economy, and how the public and private sector must continue to harness and mine the wealth of female talent to support continued growth and success.
- Back from the brink: Now the great transformation
Advises governments around the world to look at a new set of performance measures to evaluate their global economic potential.
- Governments around the world on the edge. How the public sector is dealing with the financial crisis
Published during the global economic crisis, this report looks at ways world leaders can find the seeds of long-term advantage in the decisions they make now.
- Opportunity and optimism: Global perspectives on Obama and his agenda
Features interviews with Deloitte member firm public sector industry leaders about opportunities for their countries under the Obama administration.
- Testimony to the U.S. House Government Reform Subcommittee on Efficiency and Financial Management on improving results from financial management initiatives on effectiveness and management challenges impacting the program designed to protect U.S. borders.
Greg has also been featured in television and print media throughout the world, including CNBC, Asia Business News, CNN, and The Wall Street Journal. He is often a keynote speaker at national and international conferences focused on government performance and national security.
Education and experience
- BS, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 1987
- Director, Mobile Computing, AMS Center for Advanced Technologies, 1992
- Vice President, Public Safety and Transportation, American Management Systems, Inc., 1998; Global e-Government Leader, Deloitte Consulting, 1999
- U.S. Regional Industry Leader, Public Sector, Deloitte Consulting 2000
- Global Industry Leader, Deloitte Consulting, 2003
- Global Industry Leader, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, 2005
- Chairman of the Board, Homeland Security and Defense Business Council, 2005
- U.S. Federal Government Services Leader, Deloitte Financial Advisory Services, LLP 2009
Areas of expertise
- Government performance, accountability, and competitiveness