Getting smart on how to be nimble and adaptive
The changing world
The modern world is evolving at an exponential pace. Federal agencies should consider the speed at which things are changing around them:
- Since 1982, the price of data storage has dropped by a factor of 3.6 million.
- It took two centuries for the Library of Congress to fill itself with 29 million books, 2.4 million recordings, 12 million photographs, 4.8 million maps, and 57 million manuscripts. Today, it takes 5 MINUTES for the world to create that equivalent amount of new digital information.
- The average lifetime of a company in the S&P 500 has fallen by 80 percent since 1937.
- Today’s average smart phone has more computing power than the original Apollo mission to the moon.
- The ‘topple rate’ at which big companies lose their leadership has nearly doubled in the last 40 years.
The Agility Nexus is the intersection of effective Planning, People and Process elements. A large agility nexus is critical for organizations ready for change. The adoption of attributes from each element helps to grow an organization’s agility nexus. The more attributes an organization adopts the larger that nexus becomes and the better that organization is positioned to deal with change.
To learn more, download the Agility Nexus PDF attached below.