Meet Vance Hitch
Senior Advisor, Deloitte Consulting LLP
As a strategic advisor for Deloitte’s Federal practice, Van helps Deloitte’s Federal clients and Federal CIOs identify long-term technology and transformation opportunities, to help them see the art of the possible in using technology to fundamentally change the way they do business.
Prior to joining Deloitte, Van held the honor of being the longest serving Federal CIO in his role as Deputy Assistant Attorney General and Chief Information Officer of the Department of Justice (DOJ). At DOJ, he was responsible for leading and implementing the effective and efficient IT acquisition and management across the Department. He managed the Department’s $2.8 billion IT programs, providing oversight and strategic guidance to the components within the Department, as well as major internal investments that served over 115,000 employees in approximately 2,000 locations in 500 cities across the US.
Van also served as a member of the Executive Committee of the Federal Chief Information Officer Council and Co-chair of the Council’s Information Security and Identity Management Committee, which leads cross-government Cyber initiatives. He was a central figure in shaping the Obama Administration’s technology policy.
Prior to his role at DOJ, Van spent 28 years in private industry, providing IT consulting services to the Federal government. He earned a Masters of Systems Management from George Washington University and a Bachelor of Science in Physics from Muhlenberg College. He also served in the United States Navy from 1969-1973, attaining the rank of lieutenant.
In the News
- FITARA: More than a tweak; less than a revolution, Federal Computer Week
- Feds tackle 'major data crunch' in Boston investigation, Federal Computer Week
- Get creative: Contractors need to tackle costs to keep work in face of cuts, Washington Business Journal
- Commentary: Unlock technology’s potential by giving CIOs line-of-sight authority, Washington Post
- Smart Government IT can be a catalyst for change, Federal Computer Week
- Smart Government: IT as a Force Multiplier, FedCentral WTOP Federal news radio show
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.