Investor Services in Distressed Real Estate and Commercial and Industrial Debt
Real experience. Real perspectives. Real solutions.
Investors pursuing strategies around distressed commercial real estate (CRE) and commercial and industrial (C&I) loans may see an ocean of potential. The challenges, however, are complex, and what may appear as a treasure trove of opportunity can end up a powder keg of trouble without prudent due diligence analysis and ongoing management. Some of these challenges include:
- Creating an acquisition strategy that considers individual loans or properties, larger portfolios, or entire institutions
- Assessing operational efficiency and managing assets upon acquisition to stabilize and enhance value effectively
- Appraising and recovering value in an illiquid marketplace
- Mitigating exposure to litigation or disputes
- Planning for a loan workout, restructuring or reorganization in a bankruptcy proceeding
- Keeping pace with the many changing rules for annual and quarterly reporting and tax reporting requirements
As one of the leading advisers to investors with distressed CRE and C&I assets, Deloitte has the technical and industry experience to evaluate these issues comprehensively and provide the necessary analysis to support prudent decision making. The portfolio of our service offerings include:
- Transaction support
- Asset management
- Annual and quarterly reporting – accounting and tax
- Restructuring advisory services
- Litigation support and forensic investigation
To learn more, download the attachment.