The Future of Regulation in Financial Services
Enabling transformation through information technology
On February 2, 2010, in Washington, D.C., the American Bankers Association and Deloitte LLP held a symposium, “The Future of Regulation in Financial Services: Enabling Transformation Through Information Technology.” The symposium provided a forum for public and private sector CIOs and other executives with risk or compliance responsibility in the financial services industry to discuss how to better fulfill their roles in the midst of a transforming industry.
Through panel discussions and interactive dialogue, CIOs from the regulatory community and industry and other executives with risk-related responsibilities collaborated on how to improve the information and data management posture and agility in an environment with heightened expectations. They addressed the need for enhanced architectures, technologies, and communications to enable efficient and effective information reporting, capture, security, management, sharing and transparency.
Download the PDF attachment below to view the compendium of the day's session.
Program Speakers and Panelists
We are pleased to announce that Aneesh Chopra, Chief Technology Officer, Executive Office of the President, and E. Gerald Corrigan, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs, delivered the keynote addresses. Panels featured CIOs from banking institutions and regulatory agencies from the financial services community:
- Charles Boucher, Director, Office of Information Technology, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Jane Carlin, Managing Director, Global Head of Operational Risk Management, Morgan Stanley
- Mark G. Clancy, Chief Information Security Officer, Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation
- Michael Duffy, Chief Information Officer, U.S. Department of Treasury
- Maureen Hannan, Director, Information Technology Division, Federal Reserve Board
- Christopher Higgins, Enterprise Information Management Executive, Bank of America
- Bajinder Paul, Chief Information Officer, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Russell Pittman, Acting Chief Information Officer, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Errol Weiss, Senior Vice President, Citigroup Inc.
Thought Leadership and Events
Perspective: Banking and Securities Outlook 2010
Insight: Getting Bank Governance Right: The bank board member’s guide to risk management oversight
Insight: Why Change Now? Preparing for the Workplace of Tomorrow
Insight: If We Can Put a Man on the Moon… Getting Big Things Done in Government
Dbriefs Webcast: Results Management Office: A New Approach for Enabling Your IT Program to Achieve Results
Dbriefs Webcast: Turning the Tide: Stimulating Economic Growth and Innovation
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org