Performance Magazine, Issue 9
Crossing the finish line
The investment management industry is experiencing some challenging times given current market dynamics and increased regulatory demands. More than ever, investment managers need to focus on regulatory compliance, oversight responsibilities, risk management and how to better marshal data and leverage technology to create operational efficiencies.
In this issue, you will find articles on the following topics.
In this issue
- Social media – A splendid opportunity for fund promoters and asset managers
- Art-secured lending – Unlocking the liquidity of your clients' art collections
- Passing the baton – Hedge fund succession planning
- Internal audit – The need for a risk guardian in asset management companies
- Performance monitoring in asset management – The importance of a customized monitoring system
- OTC derivatives – Meeting the new regulatory challenges
- Senior secured credit – When two become one
- EMIR—Dodd-Frank – A challenge for European assets management firms and their custodian banks within a non-stabilized regulatory framework
- ECJ Santander and Aberdeen cases – From tax level playing field to operational nightmare
- FATCA – From worldwide imposed to bilaterally negotiated?
- Responding to the new reality – Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive Survey
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP [and its subsidiaries]. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.