Top 10 Hot Topics for 2013
A mid-year outlook on the regulatory landscape for financial institutions
With financial institutions facing a new regulatory world, new rules and requirements—and even new agencies—seem to be emerging constantly. In this challenging environment, what issues should you be aware of? And which policies will have the greatest impact on your organization now and down the road? We’ve put together high-level thoughts of the “top 10” regulatory policies, activities, and trends you should likely have on your radar.
The top 10 topics, in no particular order, are:
- The significance of “getting to strong” risk management
- The impact from regulatory arbitrage
- The emergence of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- How the consolidated audit trail (CAT) will impact broker-dealers
- The implications of money-market mutual fund reforms on banks
- The effect of proposed enhanced prudential standards on foreign banking organizations (FBOs)
- The evolution of resolution planning for global systemically important financial institutions (G-SIFIs)
- The spotlight on data quality to better monitor risk
- A renewed focus on leveraged lending
- Increased cyber threats
Download this paper for insights into our top 10 topics that should be on your radar.