Global A&D Financial Performance Study (2012)
Soaring revenue increases of US $38.4 billion in 2012 from commercial aerospace lifts the industry while defense declines
Deloitte LLP’s Global Aerospace and Defense Industry Financial Performance Study includes an analysis of 105 A&D companies that recorded revenue greater than US$500 million in 2012. Industry revenues grew overall by 5.9% in 2012, as record production of commercial aerospace made up for global defense industry revenue declines.
Key findings of this report:
- Commercial aerospace revenue increased 16.2% or $38.4 billion in 2012, compared to an 8.7% increase in 2011.
- Global defense revenues fell 1.3% in 2012, principally due to cessation of major armed conflicts and sovereign affordability challenges.
- Commercial aerospace is becoming more dominant, increasing its share of the global A&D industry with 45.9% of the total revenues posted in 2012.
- European financial performance improvements outpaced the U.S. on most metrics.
- Supplier revenue growth exceeds performance of original equipment manufacturers.
For more information, download the full report, from the top of this page.
Receive Deloitte Aerospace & Defense updates
Subscribe to receive updates from Deloitte's Aerospace & Defense practice:
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.