Committed to Quality
Deloitte LLP 2012 transparency report
As public company auditors, we are dedicated to serving investors, the companies we audit, and the public interest. We strive to build confidence in the independent audit process. With these objectives in mind, Deloitte has chosen to publish a transparency report to demonstrate our commitment to audit quality and the culture of integrity, professional excellence, accountability, and continuous improvement that underpins our organization. We were the first major U.S. audit firm to publish such a report.
Committed to Quality includes information about our governance structure, ethical principles, and quality control procedures. The report content also includes:
- A personal letter from our CEO, Joe Echevarria
- How we build quality into our audit processes and culture
- Our investments in talent that deliver our services
- Summary information on our PCAOB, peer review and internal inspections and our continuous improvement efforts
- A list of our audit clients as of December 31, 2011
We believe that investors and others benefit from public information about the key elements that drive quality in the auditing profession; greater transparency helps achieve that objective.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiary. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.