Working Mother honors Deloitte as one of Best Companies for Multicultural Women for ninth consecutive year
Left photo: Deloitte & Touche LLP senior manager Lisa Hernandez (right) accepts the award on behalf of Deloitte from Working Mother Media President Carol Evans (left). Right photo: Alice Kwan, Deloitte Consulting LLP principal and conference co-chair, presents to event participants. Photo by Angela Johnson Meadows.
“Remember to have the courage to be your authentic selves,” Alice Kwan told attendees at Working Mother magazine’s 2014 Multicultural Women's National Conference. “Until you know yourself and can bring your true self forward, you will not be able to mentor others to their true potential,” added Kwan, a Deloitte Consulting LLP principal who served as a co-chair of the conference.
Kwan joined more than 20 Deloitte colleagues — along with leaders from the other top 25 companies for multicultural women — to receive the 2014 award. Lisa Hernandez, a Deloitte & Touche LLP senior manager, accepted the award on behalf of Deloitte.
“I’m proud of Deloitte for consistently earning this recognition from Working Mother. While we’re pleased about the acknowledgement that we’re among the best, we know we can still get better. And we’re working at this every day as part of strengthening our inclusive culture where all leaders thrive.”
— Julia Cloud, managing partner, Women’s Initiative, Deloitte LLP
We feel privileged to have been recognized for our efforts over the last several years. Some of these honors include:
- Included on Profiles in Diversity Journal's list of "25 Most Influential Companies for Veteran Hiring"
- Earned a 100 percent rating in the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index for eight consecutive years and named to their Best Places to Work for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (GLBT) Equality list.
- Named one of Working Mother's "Best Companies for Multicultural Women," 2006-2014 and ranked in the Top 10 2010 - 2013.
- Awarded the 2014 Diversity Leader Award by Profiles in Diversity Journal.
- Included on the list of CivilianJobs.com 2014 Most Valuable Employers for Military Winners.
- Included as one of DiversityInc's "Top 50 Companies for Diversity," 2002-2004, 2007-2014, earning a top ten spot in 2011, 2012; "Top 10 for Asian-Americans," 2008-2013; "Top 10 for Global Diversity," 2009-2014; "Top 10 for LGBT," 2005-2006, 2008, 2012-2013; "Top 10 for Executive Women," 2007, 2011, 2012; "Top 10 for Latinos," 2011, 2012; "Top 10 for People with Disabilities," 2008, 2011.
- Selected as one of the Top 100 Military Friendly Employers for the fourth year in a row.
- Earned a Top Ten spot on Working Mother magazine's list of "100 Best Companies for Working Mothers" since 2009 and have been included on the 100 Best list since 1994.
- Recognized as FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 15 years.
- Recognized as a Champion of Veteran Enterprise by the National Veteran Small Business Coalition.
- Named an Honorable Mention of the Families and Work Institute's 2012 and 2013 Work Life Legacy Military Awards.
- Named one of the 2012 Top Twelve LATINA Style Companies of Year and the 2011 the LATINA Style 50 Company of Year.
- Presented with the American Woman's Society of Certified Accountants Lead by Example Award.
- For the third consecutive year, Deloitte LLP has ranked in the top three in Vault's Accounting 50, most recently ranking No.3. The Vault Accounting 50 ranking is based on prestige, firm culture, work/life balance, compensation, business outlook and overall job satisfaction.
- Honored with the Women in Leadership Forum Best 2011 Employers for Women Award.
- Named one of Working Mother's 2010 Best Companies for Women's Advancement.
- Recognized by DiversityInc as the Top Company for Generational Communications.
- Included as one of Working Mother's Seven Wonders of the Work Life World.
- Ranked in the 2010 Top 10 Employers for Women MBA's by Universum.
- Recognized as one of the Top Organizations for Multicultural Business Opportunities by DiversityBusiness.com.
- Awarded the 2010 Catalyst Award, which is an annual award that recognizes innovative, effective and measurable initiatives from organizations that support and advance women in business.
- Recognized by BusinessWeek as one of the "Best Places to Launch a Career."
- Deloitte is to be recognized at the UN Global Compact Leaders 2010 Summit for support of the Women's Empowerment Principles, launched by the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) and the United Nations Global Compact.
- Named one of Black Collegian's "Top 100 Employers of the Class of 2009."
- Received the 2008 New Freedom Initiative Award from the Secretary of Labor for our work with disabled veterans.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.