Deloitte Named a Top 10 Organization for Working Mothers for Sixth Consecutive Year
Jana Arbanas (left), Advisory Work-Life leader, Deloitte & Touche LLP, is featured in Working Mother magazine’s “Top 10 Best Companies: Work Life Unplugged.”
For the sixth consecutive year, Deloitte is among the top 10 on Working Mother magazine’s “100 Best Companies for Working Mothers” list. This ranking recognizes our organization’s outstanding leadership in establishing policies, programs, and a culture that support working moms.
“We appreciate Working Mother’s continued acknowledgment of Deloitte’s long-standing commitment to supporting work-life fit for working parents as well as all of our professionals,” said Jen Steinmann, deputy CEO and chief talent officer, Deloitte LLP. “We recognize that flexibility is often defined by personal preference, family structure, and individual interests. Therefore, we are dedicated to creating a culture that allows our people to effectively manage the demands of their personal and professional lives, and achieve their individual goals.”
“At Deloitte, we encourage our leaders to engage in open, transparent dialog with their teams to identify actions that can help individuals effectively prioritize work and family,” said Deb DeHaas, chief inclusion officer, Deloitte LLP. “From our perspective, balancing formal and informal approaches to flexibility makes a significant difference to our people, particularly working parents.”
This is the 21st year Deloitte has been named to Working Mother’s 100 Best Companies list. It is also the ninth consecutive year Deloitte has ranked among the publication’s “Best Companies for Multicultural Women.” Working Mother chooses its 100 Best Companies by evaluating an organization’s policies, programs, and initiatives around child care, flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave and the advancement of women.
Carol Evans, president, Working Mother Media said, “The Working Mother 100 Best Companies are the leaders in the advancement of women by supporting their need to integrate family and work successfully. We are thrilled to honor the U.S. companies that put words into action and build family-friendly cultures on the foundation of thoughtful policies and effective programs. Women now make up 50 percent of our workforce. We need to make sure they have the support to be outstanding moms as well as great employees.”
We feel privileged to have been recognized for our efforts over the last several years. Some of these honors include:
- Included on Profiles in Diversity Journal's list of "25 Most Influential Companies for Veteran Hiring"
- Earned a 100 percent rating in the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index for eight consecutive years and named to their Best Places to Work for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (GLBT) Equality list.
- Named one of Working Mother's "Best Companies for Multicultural Women," 2006-2014 and ranked in the Top 10 2010 - 2013.
- Awarded the 2014 Diversity Leader Award by Profiles in Diversity Journal.
- Included on the list of CivilianJobs.com 2014 Most Valuable Employers for Military Winners.
- Included as one of DiversityInc's "Top 50 Companies for Diversity," 2002-2004, 2007-2014, earning a top ten spot in 2011, 2012; "Top 10 for Asian-Americans," 2008-2013; "Top 10 for Global Diversity," 2009-2014; "Top 10 for LGBT," 2005-2006, 2008, 2012-2013; "Top 10 for Executive Women," 2007, 2011, 2012; "Top 10 for Latinos," 2011, 2012; "Top 10 for People with Disabilities," 2008, 2011.
- Selected as one of the Top 100 Military Friendly Employers for the fourth year in a row.
- Earned a Top Ten spot on Working Mother magazine's list of "100 Best Companies for Working Mothers" since 2009 and have been included on the 100 Best list since 1994.
- Recognized as FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 15 years.
- Recognized as a Champion of Veteran Enterprise by the National Veteran Small Business Coalition.
- Named an Honorable Mention of the Families and Work Institute's 2012 and 2013 Work Life Legacy Military Awards.
- Named one of the 2012 Top Twelve LATINA Style Companies of Year and the 2011 the LATINA Style 50 Company of Year.
- Presented with the American Woman's Society of Certified Accountants Lead by Example Award.
- For the third consecutive year, Deloitte LLP has ranked in the top three in Vault's Accounting 50, most recently ranking No.3. The Vault Accounting 50 ranking is based on prestige, firm culture, work/life balance, compensation, business outlook and overall job satisfaction.
- Honored with the Women in Leadership Forum Best 2011 Employers for Women Award.
- Named one of Working Mother's 2010 Best Companies for Women's Advancement.
- Recognized by DiversityInc as the Top Company for Generational Communications.
- Included as one of Working Mother's Seven Wonders of the Work Life World.
- Ranked in the 2010 Top 10 Employers for Women MBA's by Universum.
- Recognized as one of the Top Organizations for Multicultural Business Opportunities by DiversityBusiness.com.
- Awarded the 2010 Catalyst Award, which is an annual award that recognizes innovative, effective and measurable initiatives from organizations that support and advance women in business.
- Recognized by BusinessWeek as one of the "Best Places to Launch a Career."
- Deloitte is to be recognized at the UN Global Compact Leaders 2010 Summit for support of the Women's Empowerment Principles, launched by the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) and the United Nations Global Compact.
- Named one of Black Collegian's "Top 100 Employers of the Class of 2009."
- Received the 2008 New Freedom Initiative Award from the Secretary of Labor for our work with disabled veterans.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.