Supplier Diversity Certification and Registration
Businesses may register with Deloitte’s Supplier Diversity program in order to present capabilities and qualifications for potential consideration in future procurement events. In accordance with NMSDC, WBENC and standard commercial sector practices, Deloitte considers a business to be a “diverse supplier” if it is at least 51 percent owned and fully controlled by a minority, woman, disabled veteran, or GLBT community member, and certified as such by a third party. To be considered as a Federal, state or local subcontractor, a business must be registered with appropriate designations in the SBA’s Central Contractor Registry or other state or locally approved minority supplier database.
For more information on diversity designations and certifications, visit the following websites:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) - www.nmsdc.org
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) - www.wbenc.org
- National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC) - www.nwboc.org
- Association for Service Disabled Veterans (ASDV) - www.asdv.org
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) - www.nglcc.org
- Small Business Administration (e.g. 8a, SDB, HUBZone) - www.sba.gov and www.bpn.gov/ccr/
- Federal/State/Local Agencies
NOTES: Links to third-party sites are provided for your convenience. Such sites are not within our control and may not follow the same privacy, security, or accessibility standards as ours. Therefore, Deloitte is not responsible for the security, content or availability of third-party sites, their partners, or advertisers.
Deloitte Supplier Diversity Directory – What to Expect
Deloitte cultivates relationships with suppliers that can deliver high value procurement solutions. Supplier identification and relationship-building is an ongoing part of our procurement process. To support supplier development efforts, Deloitte maintains a Diversity Directory of suppliers who are not currently doing business with Deloitte, but who are potentially a good fit for future procurement needs. This Directory profiles supplier capabilities, along with applicable diversity information. Inclusion in the Directory increases the visibility of smaller or less well-known suppliers to Deloitte’s procurement professionals. However, please note that registration in the Directory does not guarantee that a company will be awarded business with Deloitte.
Once a Supplier completes online registration in the Diversity Directory, the following occurs:
- Deloitte reviews supplier information for completeness and to confirm that the supplier’s profile presents a good potential fit for Deloitte.
- As procurement needs arise, Deloitte consults the Diversity Directory along with a variety of other sources to identify suppliers who might meet needs.
- Deloitte reaches out to these suppliers to obtain more information and potentially to invite supplier to bid.
A supplier registering in Deloitte’s Supplier Diversity Directory should be prepared to provide the following information:
- Organizational Ownership
- Sales volume
- Clear and concise product/service synopsis, including applicable NAICS/SIC codes
- References (Major Customers)
- Certification documentation (in electronic format for upload)
- Awards Received
Register in our Diversity Directory.