Inclusion External Advisory Council
Accountability from the outside in
Executing on our Inclusion strategy is a shared responsibility: It takes active commitment from all of our people – from business unit CEOs, chief talent officers and partners, principals and directors (P/P/D) to junior staff – to meet our vision.
No matter how senior, Deloitte’s leaders are held accountable to address Inclusion with all the energy and innovation it demands. It starts at the top of the organization with our CEO, extends to our Inclusion leadership and the CEOs of our business units and continues to every P/P/D at the local level. Each of these leaders is responsible for driving results, developing our people and helping them build careers.
To keep “external heat” on our execution tactics, priorities and achievements, we have created the External Advisory Council (EAC). This council was developed to hold our organization accountable for achieving results based on our strategic goals. It is made up of a unique group of influential leaders who bring a wealth of knowledge and experience that provide us with marketplace best practices and challenge us to keep moving forward with recommendations for new programs and initiatives. They meet throughout the year to review results and progress on key performance measures and provide on-going external oversight and direction for our leaders.
Members of the EAC have included many extraordinary individuals such as Sally Ride, the first American woman in space and founder of Sally Ride Science and Lynn Martin, who served as U.S. Secretary of Labor and as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives. Today, the EAC includes the following members:
- Kim Davis, Managing Director, Teneo Strategy
- Manny Espinoza, CEO, ALPFA
- Stew Friedman, The Wharton School’s Practice Professor of Management
- Myra Hart, Professor of Management Practice (Ret.), Harvard Business School
- Dick Macedonia, Former President & CEO, Sodexo
- Ric Ramsey, Vice President of City Year; Executive Director of City Year Greater Philadephia
- Esther Silver Parker, President & CEO, The SilverParker Group
- Brigadier General Tammy Smith, Director, Human Capital Core Enterprise for the United States Army Reserve
- Jane Swift, CEO, Middlebury Interactive
- Dr. David Thomas, William R. Berkley Chair of Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business
- Kenji Yoshino, Chief Justice Earl Warren Professor of Constitutional Law, NYU School of Law
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.