IFRS Considerations for the Technology Industry
Part of our IFRS Industry Series
Technology companies, by their very nature, are innovative, leading edge, adaptable, and quick to take notice of their competition — including any new arrivals on the scene. So, it is not a surprise that technology companies are keeping an eye on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and are likely to become prime candidates for early IFRS conversion.
This new publication, “ International Financial Reporting Standards Considerations for the Technology Industry,” provides practical industry insights for executives and addresses IFRS questions, such as:
- Why should technology companies care about IFRS?
- What are some of the significant differences between IFRS and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for technology companies?
- How might IFRS impact the technology companies? And what are the accounting, tax, systems, and organizational implications of IFRS?
- Where should technology companies start? Which approach would work when it comes to IFRS?
- What lessons have been learned from the European experience?
Learn more about how to address IFRS in the technology industry by downloading the PDF below.