Customs duties and international trade costs directly affect companies’ profitability. Non-compliance with customs regulations and reporting may result in significant penalties and costs for the business. In this respect, effective management of global trade decisions and obligations are an important factor in a company’s global supply chain.
Our customs professionals help design strategies and structure global trade transactions that reduce customs duty payments and other international trade costs and that help ensure that legal and regulatory requirements are met. We offer services including:
- Preparation of documents for, and obtaining customs classification decisions from, the customs authorities, so that zero or reduced customs duties are applied upon importing goods.
- Analysis of the application of various customs procedures so that customs duties and other costs are optimized.
- Advising on customs valuation issues which may arise, in particular, for newly imported products as well those companies in the course of changing a business model or supply chain.
- Advising on origin of goods definition issues.
- Analysis of foreign economic contracts and primary documents on import or export of goods for the purpose of identification and mitigation of risks which may result in additional tax (VAT, duty) accrual and penalty implication by customs authorities.
- Analysis of benefits and preferences application.
- Assistance with preparation of requests to customs authorities on customs ruling.
Customs audits and disputes
- Advising and representation of the Client in course of customs audit.
- Advising and preparation of draft responses on customs authorities requests, objections on customs audit acts, claims to customs authorities, court complaints, other related documents.
- Representation of the Client in courts of administrative jurisdiction.
For further information, please contact Yevgen Zanoza, Partner, or Natalia Rudenko, Senior Manager (Customs) by phone on +38 (044) 490 9000 or by fax +38 (044) 490 9001