What we do
Deloitte CIS advises institutions during the divestment process and investors in the acquisition of problematic and underperforming asset portfolios. We are well-positioned to act on behalf of a range of stakeholders in the sale and purchase of non-performing, under-performing, and non-core asset portfolios.
Where we can help
We advise sellers who require:
- Situational and strategic option analysis, enabling client management to understand portfolio sale techniques, balance sheet and capital impact, profit and loss implications, tax matters, critical success factors, and international investor requirements;
- Transaction execution, built on an end-to-end, bespoke sale process, including portfolio selection, information content, data analysis, investor selection and liaising, data room management, and bid-day support, targeted at value maximization.
We advise buyers who require:
- Strategic advice to facilitate an understanding of key value drivers, in-country lending and debt recovery frameworks, market development, and competitor analysis;
- Comprehensive transaction services, including data analysis, real estate, and financial due diligence, through to price modeling;
- Attention to post-acquisition exit and workout strategies, as part of a coordinated financial, legal, and real estate due diligence report, presented in investor rollup meetings.
Non-performing loan sales are often local market deals involving international players. Deloitte CIS regularly provides advice on cross-border portfolio transactions, and guides the deal dynamics, structuring and information requirements of international players.