IFRS Considerations for the Oil and Gas Industry
As acceptance of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in the United States becomes imminent, more oil and gas companies are now asking questions about what IFRS mean for them. How do IFRS affect my company? What events would influence my company’s pace of IFRS adoption? What obstacles might we need to consider? These issues are addressed in “International Financial Reporting Standards: Considerations for the Oil & Gas Industry,” a publication in the US IFRS Industry series.
This publication provides practical industry insights on IFRS and includes useful sections on:
- Understanding the implications of IFRS for the oil and gas industry for accounting and finance, systems and tax
- Key differences between IFRS and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting
- Principles (GAAP) for the oil and gas industry
- Evaluating approaches to IFRS conversion
- Developing an IFRS road map
- IFRS lessons from the European experience
Learn more about how to address IFRS in the oil and gas industry by downloading the publication below.