Dbriefs Asia Pacific
Anticipating tomorrow's complex issues and new strategies is a challenge. Stay ahead of the game with Dbriefs that give you valuable insights on important developments affecting your business in Asia Pacific.
Webcasts archived in the last 6 months can be accessed from the Dbriefs Library. For a complete program schedule and topic information on upcoming webcasts, select the Program Guide from the menu on the right.
Malaysian GST in April 2015: Final Preparations
28 August, 2:00 – 3:00 PM HKT (GMT +8)
Host: Robert Tsang
Presenters: Bruce Hamilton, Eng Yew Tan, and Poh Geng Wong
As the Malaysian Government and businesses get into the final flush of preparations for GST in April next year, it is important to find out about the latest developments in law, regulations, guides, and practice in this fast changing area. What should Malaysian businesses be doing in the 6 month countdown to April 2015? We'll discuss:
- The latest rules.
- How industry bodies are getting on with clarification requests of Customs and the Ministry of Finance.
- Case studies and the latest thinking on GST implementation approaches or methodologies.
Find out what Malaysian business should be doing to prepare for the introduction of GST in Malaysia.
Inbound Investment into Japan: The Road Ahead
11 September, 2:00 – 3:00 PM HKT (GMT +8)
Host: Jun Takahara
Presenters: David Bickle, Mark Brandon, and Brian Douglas
Japan's ruling party continues to look to tax reform as a way to support its efforts to engineer sustainable economic growth. Pushing on the one hand for tax incentives and a reduction in the headline rate of corporation tax, the government must also decide whether to proceed with its plans for a second hike in the consumption tax rate from 8% to 10% in October 2015. But what will the impact of these proposals be for companies and individuals? We'll discuss:
- The impact of the consumption tax hike in April 2014, and the increase planned for next year.
- BEPS and the potential impact of Japan's response.
- Recent tax audit experience and focus in respect to inbound investments.
- Highlights on what to expect in Japan's 2015 tax reform.
Gain valuable insights on the latest Japan tax issues – what to expect and how to prepare.
Korean Language Webcasts
High Net Worth Individual과 Family의 다국적 세무 이슈와 최근 동향
9월 17일, 2:00 – 3:00 PM KST (GMT +9)
진행자: 강 나리
발표자: 김 희술, 김 중래
국제 거래 및 투자의 기회가 증가하는 국제 경제 환경 변화에 따라 고액 자산가 및 가족의 국가간 이동이 증가하여, 이에 따른 국제 조세와 관련된 다양한 이슈가 양산되고 있습니다. 특히, 상속•증여세 과세 강화, 신탁법의 전면 개정, 금융 분야에서는 해외금융계좌 신고제도 강화, FIU 금융정보의 과세당국 제공 증가, 미국과의 조세정보자동교환협정 체결 등으로 인한 국제 조세 이슈는 더욱 심화될 전망입니다.딜로이트 안진회계법인에서는 Global Presence를 가지고 있는 고액자산가 및 가족들의 국제 조세의 이슈들과 동향을 주제로 온라인 세미나를 개최할 예정이며 아래와 같은 주제가 포함 될 것입니다.
- 한국의 세법과 법률 개정의 주요 이슈 사항
- FATCA와 해외금융자산 신고의 동향
- 외국인의 한국 자산과 내국인의 해외자산의 상속과 증여의 주요 이슈 사항
Profit Split Analysis and the Role of Intangibles, Capital, and Risk
18 September, 2:00 – 3:00 PM HKT (GMT +8)
Host: Arindam Mitra
Presenters: Jun Sawada and Jacques Van Rhyn
The profit split method is receiving renewed attention as tax authorities look to apply this method in innovative ways to challenge existing transfer pricing methodologies. The OECD's BEPS initiative is likely to provide added impetus to this trend, especially in the context of location savings, hard to value intangibles, and transactions that rarely occur between third parties. We'll discuss:
- The regulatory foundations for the application of this method.
- The economic foundations of this method including the role of intangibles, capital and risk.
- Some recent approaches taken by tax authorities – for example, functional profit split.
- Guarding against formulary or subjective approaches.
Explore important details of this rapidly changing area of transfer pricing and recent developments.
Industries – Energy & Resources
Oil & Gas in Myanmar: Issues, Challenges, and Opportunities
23 September, 2:00 – 3:00 PM HKT (GMT +8)
Host: Chris Roberge
Presenters: Aye Cho and Anthony Loh
Myanmar has attracted significant interest from foreign investors as it has the 10th largest gas reserves in the world plus significant oil reserves – most of which remains largely unexplored. Moreover, oil and gas has been identified by the Myanmar Government as a focus industry to drive national economic progress. What should you know as an international company interested in delving into this market? We'll discuss:
- New social and economic reforms that have allowed for more international companies to enter this market.
- Oil and gas developments.
- Key tax incentives and regulatory matters such as Production Sharing Contract (PSC) with Myanmar Oil and Gas Enterprise (MOGE) and Foreign Investment Law (FIL) with Myanmar Investment Commission (MIC).
- Practical tax strategies including appropriate holding company locations to minimize Myanmar tax exposures for investing into this market.
Gain insights on the latest oil and gas developments in Myanmar.
Japanese Language Webcasts
2014年9月24日, 12:00 – 1:00 PM 日本時間 (GMT +9)
2014年9月16日に公表予定のBEPS行動計画（Action Plan）13により、OECD移転価格ガイドライン第5章： 移転価格文書化規定が改訂されます。
- 2014年9月公表予定のBEPS行動計画13成果物： 移転価格文書化規定の改訂の概要
- 今後、日系グローバル企業が取り組むべき課題と対応策 等
Managing the Continuous Evolution of China's VAT Reforms: Theory vs. Reality
30 September, 2:00 – 3:00 PM HKT (GMT +8)
Host: Robert Tsang
Presenters: Sarah Chin and Li Qun Gao
Since the pilot reform program was introduced in Shanghai on 1 January 2012, the Chinese National VAT Reform has been introducing significant changes to the old VAT and business tax regimes. Taxpayers have witnessed continuous policy changes and implementation challenges. Although the planned completion date of the reform, the end of 2015, is only 18 months ahead, there are many sectors to be covered in the reform. What are the latest changes and what is expected in the next batch of changes? We'll discuss:
- Announcements for the latest sectors, including the telecommunications industry announcement in early May 2014.
- Developments in the implementation of the reform including the exemption of cross-border services.
- Practical steps to be taken by businesses, suppliers, and customers to handle the new reality of China's VAT system.
Understand the latest changes and developments in China's National VAT reform and how you can address them.