ITIL® V3 Foundation
IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a collection of Best Practices for the management and delivery of IT services and IT infrastructure. Because of decades of constant revision, these Best Practices have become a de-facto standard for the IT departments of all types of organizations. These Best Practices are presented in a service lifecycle model,including Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement.
This exciting and dynamic 3-day course introduces learners to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. As well as an engaging, case study based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice, this course also positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam, required for entryinto the future ITIL® V3 intermediate level training courses.
The ITIL Version 3 best practice is composed of five core disciplines:
• Service Strategy
• Service Design
• Service Transition
• Service Operations
• Continual Service Improvement
These disciplines represent a service life cycle framework that further enhances alignment to the business while demonstrating business value, ROI and enabling IT to solve specific operational needs.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Identify the key principles and concepts of IT Service Management.
• Identify the benefits of implementing ITIL in an organization.
• Identify the Service Management processes and how they map to the Service Lifecycle.
• Identify the basic concepts and definitions related to the Service Lifecycle.
• Identify the activities and roles involved with the Service Lifecycle.
• Identify the relationship of each component of the Service Lifecycle and how they map to other components.
• Identify the factors that affect the effectiveness of the Service Lifecycle.
There are no mandatory prerequisites. Experience in IT systems and services are desirable.
Who should attend
IT management, IT support staff, IT consultants, business managers, business process owners, IT developers, service providers, system integrators.