Our applied research expands on fundamental research findings to uncover practical applications of analytics techniques in disciplines ranging from operations research and data mining to statistics and behavioural economics. Developed collaboratively with academic and business partners, our investments in R&D are ultimately subjected to the most stringent test: delivering actionable insights and value to our clients.
The following solutions illustrate some recent proofs of value and the multi-disciplinary capabilities of the Deloitte Analytics Institute’s team of researchers:
- Improvement of patient flow/care coordination and disease surveillance by applying advanced segmentation techniques, network modelling and geospatial visualisation to national-level health records
- Real-time social media analysis using text mining, natural language processing, and social network analyses to understand emerging topics, sentiments, key influencers
- Identification of employee segments by churn risk and of key factors contributing to churn using advanced segmentation techniques and survival analyses
- Data monetization of transaction services through stream clustering and anomaly detection to identify emerging trading patterns across geographies and identifying leaders/laggers
- Next generation customer analytics including real-time location-based analytics, flash segments for emerging behaviour, integrating social network enhanced churn models for higher accuracy and early preventive action
- Optimisation of re-contracting behaviour by modelling propensity to re-contract given varying incentives
- Price optimisation of long-term service agreements for large capital projects at a portfolio and individual level, modelling and simulating costs based on over 3 million service records to identify value at risk
- Real-time visualisation of fleet performance, benchmarking and optimisation of plant performance/maintenance based on electricity and fuel price
- Modelling of warranty failures classified as "No Defect Found" based on manufacturing measurements for root cause analysis
Our data scientists are familiar with the latest developments in big data analytics and high-performance computing. We can work across a wide range of analytics software tools, platforms and procedural and programming languages. Our solutions can be readily adapted to firms operating in a wide variety of environments.