The efficient and coordinated functioning of all elements of the supply chain is crucial to ensure a high level of service. The forecast serves as the basis for further planning, its quality determines the future work of the entire supply chain.
Oracle Demand Management is intended to be used to achieve key forecasting goals – from statistical data processing and the cleansing of sales history to the preparation of a single coordinated forecast, on the basis of which the company builds its activities.
Demand forecasting solutions are successfully applied in various industries: the production and delivery of consumer goods (food and beverage, clothes, cleaning products, etc.), the automotive industry, oil chemicals and chemical production, pharmaceuticals, retail and wholesale trade, etc.
Typical situations where you can use Oracle Demand Management:
- Statistical forecasting of future demand based on sales data with the automatic selection of the most appropriate forecasting methodology
- Detection of defects in sales history (unexpected rises and falls of demand), the automatic cleansing of history from defects
- Modeling of new products’ behavior based on one or several analogues existing on the market
- Assess the impact of promotions on demand, estimate changes in demand as a result of promotions to be performed in the future
- Demand forecasting on the basis of global macroeconomic trends
- Involvement of supply chain partners in forecasting
- Expert adjustment of forecasts, comparison of forecasts received from various experts and the detection of critical deviations
- Control over forecasting accuracy, assessment of the weight of expert opinion depending on the accuracy of forecasts
- Preparation of a single coordinated forecast on the basis of multiple weighted expert opinions