Goals and Challenges
Our experience confirms that one of the main goals for a company conducting an IPO is to ensure the following functions inside the company:
- Corporate governance, including board of directors, audit committee, remuneration committee, nomination committee and risk committee;
- Risk management, including risk committee and procedures for operational and financial risk management;
- Finance function capable of ensuring financial statements being issued on time and in strict compliance with relevant standards..
The following are of particular importance for the finance function:
- Providing investors with timely and reliable financial and management information;
- Being able to generate monthly financial statements and management reports, for performing variance analysis and providing accurate forecast information, according to IFRS;
- Having an efficient internal control system integrated into accounting and reporting processes.
What we do
Deloitte has a comprehensive IPO readiness methodology that encompasses several directions.
We assist our clients with improving financial reporting procedures, reducing financial period closing time, and implementing other financial management tools required to ensure compliance with shareholder requirements. As a part of this work, we help the companies with tax support, implementation of corporate governance processes and risk management.
For IPO readiness projects, we form a professional team of consultants and use our global knowledge database and unique experience in IPO preparation. We usually advise the client to do the following:
- Improve financial and management reporting and budgeting processes to comply with financial market requirements and recommendations;
- Take steps to reduce the financial statements closing period for IFRS reporting.
How your business will benefit
As a result of our work we provide you with a toolkit of procedures to undertake, including:
- A comprehensive plan, preparing the finance function for the IPO and for further improvement;
- IFRS compliant accounting policy and instructions;
- Accruals methodology;
- Transformation and consolidation model and regulations;
- Budgeting procedure and budget transformation model;
- Album of management reporting forms and regulations;
- Closing calendar and procedures;
- A set of key control procedures.
The importance of this project is in bringing your finance function in line with best international practice and helping you in meeting shareholders’ and investors’ expectations. In future, your company will therefore enjoy a significant competitive advantage