Unfortunately bad faith demonstrated by business partners, company management and employees has become an issue for a great deal of businesses. Instances of embezzlement, commercial bribery, asset stripping etc. are frequent.
Our forensic experts have an extensive experience in prevention, identification, investigation and settlement of fraud consequences, including investigation of asset misappropriation, corruption and other irregularities, as well as in search for optimal solutions of complex problems which have become part of contemporary business.
We carry out international investigations into various cases of fraud, including monitoring all the stages of foreign trade operations, sales, procurement, and investment activities, in order to detect cases of employee dishonesty, collusion, purchasing scams, misstatement or violation of income and expense accounting, asset stripping, and other malpractice.
In conducting forensic investigations, we draw on our knowledge of local legislation and our thorough understanding of the fraudulent operations prevalent in various industries in Russia and the CIS. We apply a comprehensive risk-focused approach, based on effective analysis methodologies, and supported by cutting-edge software and technology. Our specialists have wide-ranging experience of both domestic and international investigations.
They are ready to assist clients’ management in performing prompt and effective investigations. We also help our clients to find the most effective way of solving any fraud-related problems they may encounter in conducting their business operations.
The wide array of services we provide to interested parties includes:
- Analysis of accounting entries, data, financial statements and supporting documents for the identification of falsifications, and the detection of suspicious transactions
- Participation in and/or facilitation of internal investigations into fraud and unfair practices by management and employees, including providing data interpretation assistance to legal experts, clarification of complex operations, performance of transaction statistical analyses, corroboration of obtained data, data recovery, evaluation of the scale of losses, and gathering evidence
- Search for the assets of a company, i.e. asset tracing
- Investigations into unfair practices by counterparties and other parties to operational activities
- Analysis of the possibility of purchasing price adjustments
- Assessment of a company’s operational and investment activities, prior to a merger or acquisition, including detailed analysis of a company’s structure, operations, activities of former management after acquisition, and detection of improper actions by former management
- Analysis of the reliability of standard rates of raw material usage, production output, energy consumption, normal wastage standards, etc.
- Analysis of material consumption in the production process
- Analysis of actual losses in the event of an insured accident
- Independent assessment of compliance with the terms of license agreements
- Independent assessment of royalty amounts paid
- Expert assessment of losses incurred by the owner or of profit lost as a result of the unlawful use of intellectual property
- Recommendations for mitigating the negative impact of identified cases of unfair actions by management, employees or counteragents
- Mediation in disputes with third parties
- Identification of areas most exposed to the risk of fraud
- Coordination of legal acts, in relation to identified cases of unfair actions by management, employees or counteragents, and representation of our clients’ interests in court