Cutting-edge management tools and techniques for oil and gas, metals and mining companies
Deloitte: the industry expert
On 12-13 April 2012, Deloitte CIS hosted a unique event examining the burning issues that face Energy and Resources companies, particularly those in the oil and gas, metals and mining sector. The seminar was an excellent opportunity to learn about:
- Russian oil and gas in focus: our view on the industry. Key initiatives and international practice which proved its effectiveness in the Russian business reality. Examples of big projects of oil and gas companies and opportunities for improvement and development. Interesting initiatives of oil and gas companies in Latin America which can be applied to the Russian market.
- Deloitte MarketPoint: a decision-support solutions company focused on fundamental market analysis and price forecasting. Dale Nesbitt, a solutions architect and the founder of MarketPoint, gave a presentation on the Oil and Gas and Mining markets in Russia, Europe and the Middle East. He discussed modeling technology, economic methodology and best practices for companies in these markets.
- Commodity trading in Switzerland for Energy and Resources companies in Russia and the CIS: why Switzerland is an ideal location? Case studies on successful set-up of trading and holding structures.
- Petroleum Services Group: a unique group in the upstream oil and gas industry that provide databases, economic tools and expert advice to assist oil and gas companies in making critical business decisions. Identification of oil and gas asset portfolios utilising the geographic information system PetroView® and upstream cash-flow analysis in PetroScope®.
- Development of Russian continental shelf: specific issues of the Russian continental shelf development (territorial matters, taxation, various permits and other).
- Current trends in the financial function development: new lines of activities and changes in the role of financial function - treasury, managing of business effectiveness, integration with the company's strategy.
- Capital project management: our approach to managing big capital projects and implementation of project management corporate system in the oil and gas sector. During the session we will discuss certain issues regarding managing project portfolio and setting up a project management office (PMO). Examples of improvement of operational effectiveness and application of the best international practices.