Global Oil & Gas Tax Newsletter January 2012
Views from around the world
January 2012 Edition
The feature spotlight articles on Eastern Europe discuss the growth in Romania and Ukraine investment opportunities for multinational oil & gas companies and highlights the recent developments in these countries' tax laws to attract investors in the exploration of shale gas reserves in the Black Sea. Key areas discussed include the analysis of production sharing arrangements, VAT, Corporate Income Tax and entity selection.
We are pleased to announce the release of the fourth edition of our Global Oil & Gas Tax Newsletter (January 2012)
In addition, the newsletter contains several articles addressing new oil & gas tax developments in countries around the world, including:
- Australia passes carbon regime and issues decisions relating to O&G taxation issues;
- China State Council amends Resource Tax regulations effective 1 November 2011;
- Malaysia amends the Petroleum (Income Tax) Act of 1967;
- Papua New Guinea 2012 Budget contains favorable tax incentives for resource operations;
- Timor-Leste issues new draft public ruling on capital gains within JPDA;
- UK Government publishes draft legislation for 2012 Finance Bill.
Learn more by downloading the full report below.