Poland - "The Banking Sector in Central Europe - Performance Overview"
The analysis of the banking sectors in Poland
- ROA and ROE stood at 1.21% and 12.2% respectively. A comparison with other CE countries shows Polish banks in a good light, placed among a small group of countries with a double-digit return on equity.
- Some compression of margins is evident - revenues per retail costumer declined rapidly, by -11% on an annual basis, which was only partially offset by increasing numbers of branches and customers.
- The market dominance of the top 10 players in Poland is some way below the average observed for the region, what gives a space for consolidation.
- Poland is the biggest banking sector in CE with assets of EUR 314.0B.
- Poland is the fastest growing banking sector in CE with assets that increased by almost 12% in 2011.