Report: Polish construction companies 2012
Maturity of Construction Project Management
“Polish Construction Companies 2012” presents the results of the latest Deloitte’s survey into the maturity of construction project management in companies performing term construction contracts in Poland.
The survey was based on a self-assessment questionnaire intended for managers and executives from the biggest construction companies in Poland.
Polish Construction Companies 2012 – key findings:
- Judging from highly assessed maturity of construction project management, a great number of entities operating in the Polish market is well prepared for less advantageous market conditions. Construction companies are well aware of best practices and they strive to follow them in their operations.
- The maturity of construction project management was assessed the highest in project safety management and project cost management.
- The key areas to be improved include: project risk management and project integration management.
- The lowest project management maturity level is declared by small non-listed Polish-owned companies with revenue up to PLN 150 million. The highest maturity level - by large listed foreign-owned companies with revenue exceeding PLN 500 million.
- Our survey has shown that companies with advanced project management techniques enjoy a better position in the market and higher financial performance. Investments to improve the maturity of construction project management should translate directly to better results of cost and time management and improve credibility.
About the survey
The survey, the results of which have been presented in the report, was prepared and carried out based on Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK) methodology, published by Project Management Institute and approved by American National Standards Institute. The survey has been conducted under the auspices of the Polish Association of Construction Industry Employers (Polski Związek Pracodawców Budownictwa).
We hope that you will find our analysis and findings interesting and useful. We are also certain that this Deloitte publication will help you understand opportunities and challenges faced by the construction industry. We will be happy to learn about your reflections and comments with respect to the issues discussed in the report.