These webcasts are from the US Dbriefs webcast program. To be eligible for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits, you must view the original live Webcast.
Contact US Dbriefs for technical and CPE questions of these webcasts.
Global / China Leader
Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Master Limited Partnership Market Developments
21 March, 2:00 - 3:00 PM EST (18:00 GMT)
22 March, 2:00 - 3:00 AM HKT (GMT +8)
Host: Roger Ihne, Principal – Deloitte Consulting LLP
The oil and gas industry continues to experience heightened activity in master limited partnerships (MLPs) in the midstream sector. Much of this activity results from the large infrastructure requirements to serve the new oil and shale gas plays in North America. We'll discuss:
- Trends resulting from higher volumes in liquids-rich shale plays and the expanding portfolios of assets in other developing shale regions.
- Changes to MLP structures and financing trends.
- Midstream companies acquiring strategic assets from integrated oil companies.
Learn about the key implications and developments for MLPs in the oil and gas industry.
Register for this webcast
Spinning Off Without Spinning Your Wheels
18 January 2012
Host: Trevear Thomas, Partner – Deloitte Consulting LLP
Recent announcements of oil and gas industry divestitures and spin-offs are flooding the newswires on almost a daily basis. Why are businesses breaking apart what in many cases had been integrated for decades? We'll discuss:
- Forces driving the recent upsurge in divestitures, including business leaders' focus on core, market multiples, and capital needs.
- Steps a divesting company can take to help execute the breakout prudently.
- How the resulting new companies can position themselves to compete effectively once the transaction is done.
Explore factors that lead companies to divest, and learn about emerging opportunities and challenges related to spin-offs.
Shale Gas: Leveraging This Boom to the U.S. Economy
22 November 2011
Host: Gary Adams, Principal – Deloitte LLP
Shale gas development has revolutionized the natural gas market in the U.S. How has natural gas from shale become a bright flame during an otherwise gloomy period for the U.S. economy? We'll discuss:
- The value of reduced energy imports and savings to consumers through reduced gas costs and utility savings.
- The net impact on the U.S. economy, including job growth and higher net GDP.
- How leading energy companies are capitalizing on shale gas opportunities.
Learn about the shale gas revolution's many benefits to the U.S. economy and how energy companies are capitalizing on them.