Tax Alert - July 2014
Tax Alert is a monthly publication that keeps you up to date with the latest developments in tax. The alert is compiled by our national tax specialists who are continually monitoring the outlook for new tax developments and analysing the implications for our clients.
Employee allowances: the final chapter?
On 30 June 2014 the Taxation (Annual Rates, Employee Allowances, and Remedial Matters) Bill (“the Bill”) received royal assent. The passing of this bill largely brings to an end the long running employee allowances saga, one which has spanned a number of years and many Tax Alert articles, and also provides more clarity in terms of Inland Revenue’s position as to how taxpayers should be treating certain employee allowances.
Also in this issue:
- NZICA releases special purpose reporting framework
- Updated guidance on excessive amounts paid to relatives and others
- Transfer Pricing in the digital economy
- Options for dealing with foreign superannuation obligations
- Are you providing services to South African recipients?
- Snippets from Parliament
- Deloitte welcomes new tax partner