Tax Alert - March 2013
Tax Alert is a monthly publication that keeps you up to date with the latest developments in tax. The alert is compiled by our national tax specialists who are continually monitoring the outlook for new tax developments and analysing the implications for our clients.
Tax pooling might be worth a thought
In the current economic environment a greater number of companies are finding it more and more difficult to forecast their provisional tax obligations and accurate forecasting is becoming more important as cash flow issues arise. To provide greater flexibility, and to reduce your Inland Revenue (IR) interest costs, tax pooling might be worth a thought.
Tax pooling is used by thousands of New Zealand companies to help manage their provisional tax needs; however there are still many companies that have not heard of tax pooling or do not understand how it works.
Also in this issue:
- OECD Releases new base erosion and profit shifting report
- It’s not too late to pay out those old imputation credits, but it soon will be
- Inland Revenue issues warning on salary packaging voucher schemes
- Upcoming Dbriefs
- Alesco decision released - Inland Revenue continues its winning streak
- 31 March 2013 is fast approaching
- KiwiSaver contribution rates increase from 1 April 2013