Gain visibility of the invisible risks
The maintenance and support of information systems are generally not considered core business for most organisations. Few modern organisations have fully staffed IT teams and even fewer have comprehensive in-house development capabilities. Many organisations outsource their IT development and support or rely on small IT teams and off-the-shelf application systems. Yet the same risks apply. Failure to manage the risks in a timely manner can result in the loss of data and information integrity, loss of revenue, customer dissatisfaction and business interruptions.
Successful organisations are proactive in understanding and managing this risk management gap as well as leveraging IT to automate risk controls.
We can help you gain assurance through:
- Software development life cycles – are system acquisitions, developments and changes correctly specified, comprehensively tested, and properly implemented?
- Security reviews – are privileged users and administrators adequately controlled, with adequate separation of systems, roles and responsibilities?
- Service delivery assurance – are services and performance expectations adequately defined, monitored and met?
- Business continuity reviews – are the backup and recovery arrangements adequate for the organisation’s needs and have they been tested comprehensively with the respective business functions?
- General computer controls – are application systems and the supporting infrastructure adequately controlled so that processed information processed can be relied upon by management, internal and external auditors?
Talk to us about optimising your technology internal control assurance.