A public listing, whether through the NZX, NZAX, or any foreign exchange is likely to require the following:
- One or two representatives from the directors and senior management of your business
- A financial adviser, to manage the issue for you, complete the prospectus and investment statement, and any international offering document, and provide you with independent advice on the issue and the value of your shares
- A lawyer in each of the countries you intend to list, to certify compliance with laws relating to the issue of securities to the public
- An accountant in each of the countries you intend to list, to opine on the historical and any forecast financial results
- A share broker in each of the countries in which you intend to list - to arrange the distribution and settlement of the issue
- A share registry in each of the countries you intend to list
It is also important that your independent financial adviser provides you with good advice:
- Before the issue, to ensure the due diligence process is well planned to minimise the demands of your business and to ensure your business is as attractive as possible to potential investors
- After the issue, to ensure the critical after market for your shares is satisfactory, and to ensure new governance processes required by listing are in place and working effectively
The corporate finance team can advise you before and after the issue, manage the issue for you - including the due diligence process - complete the offering documents, value your business, and assist you to engage the most appropriate legal advisers and brokers.
Contact Chas Cable for more information.